Discussion in 'Hippies' started by passittotheleft, May 25, 2006.

  1. passittotheleft

    passittotheleft Senior Member

    I am planning on moving in with my sis pretty soon. My parents whjo are split up, have mixed feelings. My mom says I can go and my dad says no. My mom has custody. I'm not sure if I could legally move down there without emancipating myself. What can I do? I live in WA if that helps. Thanks.
  2. cerridwen

    cerridwen in stitches

    If moving in with your sister is something you want to do and your sister is okay with it, I say go for it.
  3. Donvito1122

    Donvito1122 Hippy Teacher to be!

    Hey man, the best adivce I can tell you is if your mother has full custody of you have her document that she has given you permission to stay with your sister, but also have her note that you will fullfill the visitation hours with your dad...just to let this go smoothly. Also I would look into emancipation, very hand in a situation like can get the local laws from the internet or call town hall...but usually there needs to be a problem for emancipation...they don't usually just allow a kid to do it because they want to. Hope that helps.

    Peace and good luck with your move,


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice