moving to spokane any advice?

Discussion in 'Washington (State)' started by MissBHave, May 31, 2009.

1. MissBHave

MissBHave insert clever phrase here

hey i'm moving to spokane at the end of the month
    i'm looking for apartments via the internet
    i'd like to live downtown or in a cool neighborhood/area
    what are the areas i should be looking at

2. wally m

wally m 14

I have a guy working for me who lived in Spokane I can ask him in the morning what he thinks.

3. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

good luck in spokane! i hope it works out well for you.
    i have been there many times, and it is not for me!
    thats why i lived in seattle for almost 17 years, when i lived in the state of washington.
    once again, i hope spokane work for you!

4. MissBHave

thanx!

5. wally m

wally m 14

My buddy told me to look in a area call Brown's Addition. Close to downtown and walking distant to the big park or maybe South Hill which is a little more pricey. Good luck.

6. MissBHave

thanx wally

7. Rolling a Stone

Rolling a Stone Member

I have lived around the Northwest in many areas...... but what you are going to find is that most areas are predominantly Conservative ....... if you are dead set on living in a town or city, I would go straight for the University sections because alot of the people are more hep, educated and there is more alternative Health options and Food is better....... I think housing is generally more relaxed there too........ Washington would not be my first chioce

8. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

advice for moving to spokane,after watching their weather last winter,i recommend a really big snowblower ..lol

9. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

Don't fuck any soldiers. lol

Fort Lewis is like right next to Spokane, lol

10. happywanderer

happywanderer Member

Brownes addition usually has cheaper places for rent, also has free wifi in that area. Near Gonzaga U. is also a good area. Both are very close to town center where the city bus has a depot. Everything you'll want access to (laundry, store, gas and resturants) can be within walking distance of Brownes Addition.

Everything else is either at the north end (the mall and much of the shopping places) and the valley.

Couer d'Alene is 27 miles to the east and is a very nice area to visit. Sandpoint is N.E. and is an extremely pretty place to go.

Cigarettes, gas and food are all more expensive in Spokane. If your a smoker go to the state line smoke shops for cheaper prices.

There are three hospitals in Spokane.
    Several schools and lots of things to do if your into nightlife.
    There are only three 24 hour places to eat though.

Oh avoid renting on the west side though since that's where most the crack heads are!

I'm headed back there on the 11th for a very short visit!

11. element1306

element1306 Member

I'm 18 and have lived in spokane my ENTIRE life. Unless you know people it can get boring...fast. It's a very social town and has a ton to do if you know where to look. Has a huge variety of music genres as well as venues!

12. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

stay out of spocompton. come north to pend oreille county!

13. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

-watch out for the cops, they're a bit nutty up there
    -get a prescription if you need to medicate with a herb
    peace
    Delfynasa

14. VitaminXXX

VitaminXXX Member

Dont move to brownsaddition! Its a disgusting place to live!!

15. blaino

blaino Member

Whats so bad about browns addition?

16. tightroller

tightroller Member

You are mistaken. Fort Lewis is between Olympia and Tacoma. You are thinking of Fairchild AFB, West of Spokane.

As far as advice is concerned about Spokane. Well, I lived the band life a bit for about 4 years and my take on Spokane is that you can really have a lot of fun if you find the right friends. Spokane has a lot of space that most cities don't have so you don't have to be 5 feet from your neighbor's living room. Spokane has a lot of public events at riverfront park and a pretty good nightlife depending on what you are into. If you are into outdoor activities then Spokane is the place. They have all sorts of places to hike or mountain bike within a few miles of the main city. They have many lakes within a half hour's drive swim, fish, or boat. Plus, I saw someone mention the Pend Oreille area. That place is one of the best getaways you can think of if you don't mind a lengthy drive north. Spokane also has a low cost of living. You can get a 3 bedroom 2ba house on 1/2 acre for $150,000.

17. Rudenoodle

18. tightroller

tightroller Member

19. Rudenoodle

Not quite...

I heard they did alot of lead paint based testing around the area in general as well, I could see this as being possible. :coffee:

20. tiny

tiny Member

I know I'm new and i know you post a lot and are some kind of big-shot, but here you go http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Fort+Louis+WA&sourceid=Mozilla-search
    and i don't know how you do things around these parts, but you are way the hell off topic, so in the mean time, if you don't know shit about the Spokane area, then leave it to locals to give out the info.

Living depends on budget, but downtown is a lot of crazy people, south hill is a bit more expensive, and if you want to go for my favorite area, check out peaceful valley.

the cops are cool as long as you aren't obvious or looking for trouble, but i still wouldn't trust them for anything. The few good ones are ruined by the assholes.

If you need help with anything, just send me a msg