Moving to Spain

Discussion in 'Spain' started by madcap, Dec 28, 2007.

1. madcap

madcap Member

I'm moving to Spain in February to a small village in the Sierra's where many artists live. The population is about 2500 and its half an hour from the beach. I'm very excited but also apprehensive and scared. Its a totally different culture and im worried about making friends, adjusting etc.
    Has anyone else spent a lot of time in Spain in a similar setting? How did you cope?
    I can speak some Spanish, and i'll be learning more when i get there.
    x

2. kepashi

kepashi Member

don´t worry in spain you´ll feel welcome. you´ll like the weather,food,party.... one question: which village will you live? any question, don´t hesitate to contact me on.

3. gregcamp2000

gregcamp2000 Member

hi kepashi,

I'm looking for a list of craft/gift shop wholesalers hoping to interest them in an item that i believe could be a massive seller there.
    Any help would be extremely welcome

4. RaggaButterfly

RaggaButterfly Member

madcap where exactly are you moving to? ive been living in spain now for 4 years, i can help you with your spanish and with whatever else you need, it is sometimes really hard to start a new life in a different country but its worth it in the end. where are moving from?

5. GoingHome

GoingHome Further Within

Hey!
    Not to kidnap yer thread madcap but why post another "Moving to Spain' thread and divide the responses?

Anyways,
    MY QUESTIONS:
    ( for anyone willing to answer. )

Is Spain more expensive than America?
    Is it more socially conservative esp in regards to Catholicism?

Are the police really not that concerned with people 'growing their own'?
    Which I think is great considering the usual tactic is to decriminalize small amounts but you would still have the unsavory job of going out and getting it more often if you only had small amounts to stay (somewhat) within the law.

Are there enclaves of expats?
    Is it dannngerous?
    Is there comparable (to the US) national parks and the like?

Etc

Basically, what is Spain like compared to the US?
    (the only place I've ever lived...although I've been all over it)

Anything you can tell me would be extremely helpful!
    Thanks.

6. sativero

sativero Member

MY QUESTIONS:
    ( for anyone willing to answer. )

Is Spain more expensive than America? IS NOT, THE COST OF LIVING IS CHEAPER.
    Is it more socially conservative esp in regards to Catholicism? IS NOT, FOR INSTANCE GAY MARRIAGE IS LEGAL

Are the police really not that concerned with people 'growing their own'? THEY'RE NOT AS CONCERNED AS IN AMERICA BUT THEY DO CARE, THE LAW DOES NOT SPECIFY HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW ITS UP TO THE JUDGE
    Are there enclaves of expats? SURE
    Is it dannngerous? NOT REALLY
    Is there comparable (to the US) national parks and the like?OF COURSE
    SPAIN IS A MORE RELAXED AND CHILL PLACE THAN THE STATES :cheers2:
    An[/QUOTE]

7. BlondeSunshine

BlondeSunshine Members

I've thought about it, the weather is much warmer and I'm more suited to a warmer climate.