Moving to Chicago!

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by lightgrenade, Oct 27, 2011.

1. lightgrenade

lightgrenade Member

I'm 18 and i'm moving to downtown Chicago with my mom. I'm not sure of the exact location though. I'll be moving in a couple weeks. I've lived in a small town in Indiana so this will be a major change for me! I'm very excited. So many people... i'm nervous about making friends.I've never really had to worry about that before. and I wonder how I'm gonna buy my first bag of weed... lol

2. nirvana98

nirvana98 Member

Awesome! I think you'll really like it. I've lived here all my life
    I live in the suburbs but I really want to live downtown :p

I don't have any advice on getting weed cause I get it from my friends haha but I'm sure it'll be easy to get >.<

3. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

If you can remember two words, Rogers Park, you should be ok.

If for some reason those fail you, the next two words would be Wicker Park. :2thumbsup:

4. lightgrenade

lightgrenade Member

How often do you go downtown? Are you still in school? Where do you like to hang out at?
    haha, sorry for all the questions :p

5. lightgrenade

lightgrenade Member

why thank you! i'll be sure to check them out :smile:

So tell me more about Rogers Park and Wicker Park.

6. nirvana98

nirvana98 Member

Hmm, not a ton because I don't like spending money on the train ticket :p
    but probably around once every two months or a little less.
    I'm actually going down there on Tuesday:)
    Yeah, I'm in highschool.

When I go down with my friends, we usually just walk around Millinium park or to the malls. Or in the summer I go to the Chicago beach.
    Oh, also you have to check out the John Hancock building it's so fucking cool!

7. chicagoguy82

chicagoguy82 Member

You're going to love living downtown. I've lived here for about 6 years and it's always a good time. :)

8. lightgrenade

lightgrenade Member

I can't wait!!! I'll be moved in by next sunday!

anyone wanna have a session sometime? *cough choke* :D

9. desireu2

desireu2 Member

The City of Chicago is the finest city in North America - don't be naive, be confident.
    Don't carry around a map and you will have a fine experience :)

10. SquarebackDude

SquarebackDude Guest

i just moved to downtown chicago from phoenix, seems really hard to find a job here so far :/

11. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

It is Squareback, it is.
    I will at least say that it seemed like the market was picking up shortly before the election but I've frankly given up on looking, some headhunter will find me sooner or later, OR I'll end up going somewhere else,,,

What sort of work are you looking for? I might have some directional arrows for you.

12. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

me personally chicago sucks weather teams (except the cubbies) the people. all it is a lot of drama but dont get me wrong i lived there all my life pretty much, but advice dont go to the south side if your white and if you do make sure you have plenty of black friends, dont go to the greyhound station to buy weed cuz all it is, is clucks trying to sell fake shit. but finding weed is pretty easy and if not go to the burbs the metro i think is like 7 during the week and 10 for a weekend pass. good luck : )

13. mtvjackass74

mtvjackass74 Guest

I lived in chicago.....love it there but got sick of the cold weather, snow, work......moved to nashville, tn..........best move i made, and living in the city sucks ass, good luck tryin to find parking. yea and the south side, no bueno for gringos.

14. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

sounds like we both had the same idea im living down in normandy right by manchester. i hated the snow shoveling out after that blizzard 2 years ago was a pain

15. babyjay

babyjay Senior Member

two things: the cubs are terrible (i'm a cubs fan, and i admit it too)
    and the south side isn't as bad as people make it out to be. i've lived in the "wild hundreds" on the south east side and it's not so bad. of course things have happened, but living in the city, its like that.
    if you're downtown, you'll eventually meet people, and weed is flush in chicago. you'll find a connect easy. but since you're moving downtown, we should hangout :D the CTA makes it so easy to navigate our city. (not to mention the grid)

16. PEM

PEM Member

That's gotta be one heck of move for ya. I'm in the suburbs of Chicago but I have a couple friends on the north side ( in the uptown area ) that I drive out to see every so often, we all should get together sometime.

17. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

ya lol they do suck especially this past season someday maybe we can win a pennant

18. iamsol

iamsol Member

I have a bunch of nieces and nephews who live dntwn after growing up in the suburbs. They love it. I wouldnt go rushing to Rogers Park until you know ur way around. Not a bad area but not great either. I lived in Rogers Park from 3/11 til 2/12.