Moving to Amsterdam, Finally...

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by DuckFace, Feb 8, 2009.

1. DuckFace

DuckFace Member

Hi all,

I'm finally moving to Amsterdam for a year or so. I'm from Finland so EU resident, i'm going to work remotely for a Finnish employer. Couple of questions:

1. Do I need a permit to stay longer than 3 months? Is only private health insurance needed to get that

2. Can you recommend good internet sites for xpat to find a flat in Adam, preferably Citycenter, max. 1400€ month

Cheers!

2. OneBrainCell

OneBrainCell Member

Yes! you need a working permit event if you from an other euro country.bleu croos is good health insurances!

i cant recommend a site for flats you cant get one in centrum for about 700euro a month
    if your looking for something cheap you should check the studients hall (room) they start at 400 a month(i dont know where they are but my friend from the uk lived in one last year for 4 months)« wit summer near theyll be all for rent and faster you get one cheap they are! cause some ppl will rent them now and re rent them to tourist from crazy prices in june...!!Amstel or outter amsterdam you can find cheaper places from 400++ a months but then you need to travel by bus or metro in centrum!!

good luck!