moving from outdoors to indoors

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by Josedonjuan, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Josedonjuan

Josedonjuan Member

i have a couple of seeds sprouted and they are too small to keep outdoors because of the lack of veg time(ive also got some jack herer). i was wondering if i take these plants and set them along side my JH under my 400w Murcury vapor/hps and 1000w murcury vapor/hps.

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Mercury Vapor lights work crappy for growing marijuana.
    Wrong spectrum and too hot are 2 reasons.
    If the plants you already have are doing good, put the babies in with 'em, but like I said MV lights aren't good for MJ.

P.s. what do you mean by mercury vapor/HPS?

3. Josedonjuan

Josedonjuan Member

I bought my light from an experienced grower who says the best light for veg. and budding is a called a 50/50 murcury vapor/high pressure sodium lamp. this emmitss 50 percent murcury vapor 50 percent high pressure sodium. this gives the plants flickers of both blue and red spectrum. he purchased the bulb and ballast from Venture lighting, the only lighting source he says is worth going to. You can purchase your ballast(1000w) about 110.00$ with the bulb(17.00$)for aroung 125.00$. Does anyone know if this information he is giving me is reliable.

4. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Listen to what rangerdanger told ya ,they suck,your so called experienced grow friend fell prey to a salesmen and is very misinformed.Keep in mind what ya put into something in the way of money is what ya get.You will not get a good 1000 watt light and ballist for $125 but a piece of crap.Sorry to blunt but it seems to get thru better to new growers who dont relize a cheap light is exactly that;CHEAP.

5. Josedonjuan

Josedonjuan Member

so now im confused, i think i should stick with my original plan and buy from a reputable hydro store and buy a couple 1000w Metal halide for veg. and Hps for budding. does anyone have a preference on a brand of bulb or a type of bulb?

6. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Sunsystems are nice and have the only ballists that come with high heat capacitors.

7. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Don't waste your $$$ on MH lights.
    All you need is HPS with full-spectrum bulbs.