Movies You Recently Watched

Discussion in 'Movies' started by hotwater, Apr 29, 2019.

1. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

The Woman In Black.

2. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

The last movie I watched was: The Stuff: 1985

Death likes this.
  3. JPN2

4. JPN2

download (2).jpeg

MeAgain likes this.
  5. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

6. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

The Menu with Ralph Fiennes as a chef with a grudge who invites his enemies to dinner. I enjoyed the chef's rants and the screenplay that had the staff snap to attention with such precision. Predictable, but well done.

RIJACO likes this.
  7. Theunknownperson

Theunknownperson Newbie

Watched Forest Gump last night. I forgot how good that movie was.

8. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

The last movies I watched were the Final Destination films. It's been so long since I've seen these movies, but I decided to binge watch them this week, haha.

9. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

This was just on TCM, so you might still be able to see it on-demand, but I recorded it, finally saw it, and it was really good.

7.5/10

A man gets a video-camera to film the birth of his daughter, and the rest is film history!
    Camera Buff (1979) - IMDb

[​IMG]

10. JPN2

Duel_(1971_film)_poster.jpg

Toker likes this.
  11. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

Crimson Tide - Watched again after several years. Suspenseful situation on board the USS Alabama nuclear sub. Basically a double mutiny as the EXO (Denzel Washington) defies the Captain (Gene Hackman) over an incomplete radio message. The ending was rather hosed up as nobody was charged with anything. Not the Captain nor the EXO or any of the crew who took sides. IRL nearly all of the crew would have been court marshalled and a lot of them reprimanded, even imprisoned for their actions. As it were the EXO was reassigned and the Captain retired with full honors. That wouldn't have happened in the real Navy.

MeAgain likes this.
  12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

13. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

Watched "True Grit" the remake with Jeff bridges cast as Rooster Cogburn. The original with John Wayne was excellent but yet this version was also excellent. The two do not compare although I liked the ending better in the 2010 version. It ended much closer to the novel than the first movie. The first movie, Wayne's version, followed the book much closer up until the end. I do believe Jeff played Rooster closer to the authors idea of the character as Wayne was a much more popular actor and was given a lot of leeway in molding his part.

The location the movie was filmed in was a long way from actuality. Fort Smith, where the hunt for Tom Chaney commences is a long way from Santa Fe where the filming took place. The lay of the land around Fort Smith is totally different even if the hunt went into the Ozark Mountains. The Wayne version was filmed in Colorado, was again a huge difference in land layout versus Arkansas. Had they crossed the Arkansas River by ferry from Fort Smith heading west they would have been out in the flat plains of Oklahoma unless they trailed south into the Choctaw Nation territory. Crossing the river to the north would have led them into the Ozarks. But they had to cross the Arkansas as it is the only river of size in the Fort Worth area needing to be breached by ferry. But then Hollywood rarely gets the location for a movie correct. The one time they did the baseball field from the movie "Field Of Dreams" is still there.

MeAgain likes this.
  14. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I thought the remake of True Grit was better than the original, not normally the case.
    Just finished watching Conagher- a more realistic western.

MeAgain likes this.
  15. whitez

whitez Members

Super 8
    Second time I’ve watched this. Still feel the second half of the film is poor compared to the first half which is pretty good. Clearly a love letter to Spielberg!

16. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

my wife and I saw Barbie and the Flash in the drive-in theater.. barbie was entertaining, but very stupid on purpose.. The flash was just some superhero bullshit with batman in it, and of course a storyline so confusing that it doesn't matter... Man, fuck marvel movies. or whatever comic book company it is.. i was drunk by the time the flash was playing anyway, so whatever....

This weekend we'll probably go see oppenheimer for some intellectual stimulation., but it'll probably be in a brick and mortar theater instead of a drive in.

17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Elemental

Terrible.

18. LostWon

LostWon Newbie

Route 666, Lou Diamond Phillips.

19. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

Just watched gummo.. again. this is absolutely a cult classic

20. whitez

whitez Members

Murder Mystery 2
    5/10

It's another one of those typical Adam Sandler switch-off-your-brain movies, with forced humour here and there.