Movies People Don't Expect You To Like

Discussion in 'Movies' started by neoprene_queen, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Irminsul likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Chyeahh. The temperature of the water on the steel encumbered it in such a way thay the titanic couldn't have hit an iceberg. The cold water clearly rusted the steel out and the boat fell apart. I have no engineering experience and only know what endless hours of research from alternative news sources have to provide, but I'm not stupid. Water rusts steel.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

From your pics and posts, for you I'd say "The Da Vinci Code".

4. Matias

Matias Members

I like Harry Potter. All of them. I've probably watched them all at least 5 or 6 times now.

Still don't remember them that well though. I always wish life was as exciting and magical as it is in the movies.

Meliai likes this.
  5. Matias

Matias Members

Game of Thrones is amazing. I still need to rewatch the series.

Me too. I don't think it's really possible to look at someone and say "they should/shouldn't like this movie". Seems counter intuitive.

Maybe it's because we can only observe our own conscious likes and dislikes.

Deidre likes this.
  6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There are many people who mention that they don't like entire genres when it comes to movies and if you know their personality, likes and dislikes, you can usually make an educated guess as to what movies they may or may not like.

For instance, I like Ex-Machina and Boondock Saints about equally and in a vaccuum would probably be more inclined to recommend Ex-Machina but if someone wanted me to recommend them one of those movies and I knew they didn't like robots and sci-fi, I'd lean towards recommending Boondock Saints.

Noserider likes this.
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Catch you on the flipside!

8. Matias

Matias Members

Yeah that's true. I personally don't ever make movie recommendations so I haven't been put into a position to do so yet.

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah good recommendation!

Only thing I am slightly irked about is I am having moments here and there where I'm reading and flash images from the movie are popping into my mind. I think had I not seen the movie, I would be representing some of these characters in a significantly different way in my mind, compared to how they were portrayed in the movie.

Good thing is I forget most of the movie, so there may be a couple more incidents like that but I'm mostly envisioning a different galaxy and it's inhabitants.

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

In the BBC television adaption Marvin was square and boxy in that traditional robot way and I much prefer to envision him that way.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i'm sure that was it. i remember it being british, and very dated even when i saw it a long time ago.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't really watch movies, so I don't know.

But I will say, that when people start to get to know me, most things about me surprise them.

13. Asmodean

Why u not really watch movies?!? :p (besides because you don't have a tv)

14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't know--no time, not much interest, little attention span for them. I'd prefer to read a book.

I mean, I have seen movies. I try and see some of the more famous movies so that I at least understand cultural references. I think the last movie I saw a film in theaters was "the grand Budapest hotel", whenever that came out. I went with my friend, who is a film buff, and he reallly wanted someone to go with, lol. It was actually pretty good, from what I remember.

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Woah shite, I must have been trippin! I swore this was directed to me.

16. Matias

Matias Members

That movie, and the sequel, are my favorites. Great films.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

same, to all of the above.

18. There is a sequel to The Grand Budapest Hotel??

I liked it.
    It was very aesthetically pleasing.

I watched it with my sister and her husband, and they both hated it.
    Which means it's good.

19. Matias

Matias Members

Now that I think of it, no, there isn't a sequel. I was thinking of a different movie and realized they're not what I thought.

But, The Grand Budapest Hotel is still an amazing movie :)

20. Asmodean

The Grand Budapest hotel is still on my to watch list!