movie theaters

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by RainbowCat, Jan 8, 2005.

1. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i fucked up this day.
    we were going to see "the aviator", and we boughtticket,s nad we went in and it was CROWDED! i mean, the only seats were in the front, and that's bad for the eyes, so i went in and saw that there wa a seat about 4 rows back from the front, but i wanted to see if there were any other available seats, so i walked around, well, i gave up about a minute later and went back to out seats, which were already taken by then. i got mad and cussed a little. every open seat was reserved, and while i was trying to find a seat i thought my boyfriend was gonig too slow (and i regret this) so i pulled on him and told him we should go find more seats. oops. really. i didnt mean to. i just reacted. i was staning up deciding whether to leave or not (during the beginning of the first preview) and the woman behind me angrily (even though i'd been standing for about 30 seconds) said "would you sit down" so i scremed "fuck" (i have a temper) but i didnt say anything rude to her, and i was looking the other way when i did. then, as my boyfriend was going to our seats, he accidneltly hit the owmans foot and she screamed "ow" and was mad at hm like he did it on purpose. then i left to go get a refund, but when i was out there decided against it, because i needed to see it for extra credit for my art of film class. well, as i was comming back in the fucker ahead of me moved back his seat (not his fault i know, but it made me angry) and pused me into the people who already didnt like me. everytime i passed i said sorry. and excuse me. well, my boyfriend didnt want to stay anymore nad he was mad at me, so we left. on the way out i could see that the people were mad (now, i've had people dop MUCH worse than pass infront of me while the PREVIEWS were showing) and i said we sont be comming back and it was the last time, and when we wre leaving and wouldnt be comming back in the fat man said "well, i'd hope not" him and his bitchy high classs wife. fuck. i cussed the whole way out.

i know, i'm a bitch adn i REALLY need to control my temper. i hate myself for that, but people were rude to me before i was rude to them. well, i think. maybe not. im not sure if i should ever go in public again due to the fact that i can't control myself (i dont like control and how its a "perfect" society if you follow the standard rules of how you should act in public). he's so mad he doesnt want to talk to me. i cried the whole way home. i;m very sorry.
    he'll probably be mad at me if he finds out that i posted this.

2. LittleRedOne

LittleRedOne Member

Aww hun, don't worry! It was just a bad day. EVERYONE has them, even your boyfriend I expect. Sometimes things just screw up - it wasn't your fault, it wasn't their fault it was just a load of shit happening all at once. Don't worry about it, forget it, be cool and nice to your guy and he'll get over it.. If he doesn't, just remember that men are strange creatures who's egos are very easily bruised, so just give him some time and he will eventually come round. I know this is a cliche but in a few months time, you'll look back on this and laugh ^_^

Love, light, good karma and happiness

3. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

thank you! ya, i kinda knew that, i just had to get it off my mind

4. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

just because people are rude to you, that doesn't give you an excuse to be a bitch. ever hear the saying 2 wrongs don't make a right? It's true. I know you were having a bad day, but ever think that that woman may have ALSO been having a bad day? or the fact that this problem is quite petty compared to the million other things that can be going on in other people's lives?

I don't mean to be so blunt, but I have your same problem. and until I adopted the attitude that things like that weren't important enough to bring me down, my life was a living hell. everything pissed me off. Throwing temper tantrums and swearing like a sailor in public isn't important. Think about if you had seen some other girl flipping out because of seating in a movie theater and crying all the way home because you and your temper pissed other people off. did that get you anywhere? Did you man give you tons of sympathy? Next time do all you can do to just LET THINGS GO and if people are still shitty, you may get a surprising response from your boyfriend.

Using the fact that you don't think that you should be told how to act in public and insinuating that it's suppressing isn't going to get you anywhere. obviously- it hasn't gotten you anywhere up to now, right? I would work on your self control a LOT or you're going to end up a very lonely girl. Trust me- I gone through hell and back and all I used to do was flip out and get angry because I felt that I deserved to be treated right after all that I went through. But all I got was people that didn't like me. So I changed my attitude and I''m not only quite happy, but i have a great guy as well.