Movie myths

Discussion in 'Movies' started by vinceneilsgirl, Jan 4, 2005.

1. vinceneilsgirl

vinceneilsgirl Member

What is your favorite movie myth? Mine is the one about one of the Munchkins hanging himself in the background during the begining of "The Wizard of Oz".

2. sprout

sprout DeadHead

What about the ghost on "Three men and a baby"? or something like that. I've never seen it but I've heard all about it.

3. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

the older version of the wizard of oz should have the dead munchkin. a version pre digital remastering. i'll look it up

4. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

ok it a bird, darn

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I like real strange movie facts like
    In Platoon they are really smoking pot
    In I can't remember what movie (maybe it's Platoon) they play Russian Roulette with a loaded gun (stage hands checked it so the bullet wasn't in the chamber)
    During the filming of The Exorcist (and sequels) and The Twilight Zone shitloads of people died
    At random the director of The Exorcist would fire shots with a starter Pistol so the actors would actaully be shaken up

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I have never heard any of these... kewl... except for the Exorcist one....

7. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

POLTERGEIST
    Strange occurences happened while making the film such as.
    The little girl died prematurely.
    2 of the camera crew died mysteriously before their time.
    The oldest sister in the film commited suicide.
    and no doubt other stuff happened........

8. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

there are tons of stories behind the exorcist. The man who played Burke died, about 9-10 other people connected with the movie died while it was being filmed, the set originally burned down for no reason at all, it may have even burned down twice, but don't quote me on that. There's a lot more spooky stuff about it, but I can't remember. the anniversary edition has a little documentary about it.

the person hanging in the wizard of oz really isn't true? Do you know how many times I've sat and just watched the background trying to find it?

9. Marlyn

Marlyn Member

Its really a big whooping crane, it was on tv a while ago andi was looking for it

10. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

In the Disney movie the little mermaid the preist has a boner

11. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

he does not. if you look closer you can see that it is his knee. That's just a rumor.

12. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

they say there is a curse with any actor that plays superman, thats why for years they havent had anybody do it for a remake.. its ashame.

for the "three men and a baby" movie, its in the scene where one of the moms of the guys come over and you can see a kid just staring in the curtains, its freaking.. supposingly that kid accidently killed himself, forget how.. but its crazy..

i love movie myths and legends, always fun to check out..