Movie: Gasland - The destruction of American underground water supplies

Discussion in 'Pollution' started by McLeodGanja, Apr 2, 2011.

1. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Holy fuck I'm just watching this documentary on Haliburton and the Gas industry and what they are doing to America, it's really terrible! Dick Cheney changed some environmental protection laws in 2005 and this has given gas companies practically free rein to extract gas just about anywhere. They are doing in people back yards and contaminating their underground water supplies with the chemicals they use to "frac" the gas out of the ground. People who have lived on these lands for decades all of a sudden can't drink their water because it is contaminated with all kind of nasty shit, they are getting ill, their pets are losing hair. It even showed some of them setting fire to their water because it was so contaminated! And all this is apparently a threat to New York's water supply. Once the damage has been done, and there is a lot of damage there is no going back!

This is totally fucked up. It's just environmental destruction everywhere for corporate profit.

I'm just glad at least i have relatively clean drinking water where I live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZe1AeH0Qz8"]YouTube - GASLAND Trailer 2010

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxpfBWMOlOk"]YouTube - Rolling Stones - "Jumping Jack Flash" - LIVE - '68 - HQ

3. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

my husband showed me this movie; scary, sad. makes me worry about water, wanna get a lifestraw....