Moveing from addiction to Moderation?

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by Ediction421, May 18, 2004.

1. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

It strikes me that when most people realize they have developed an addiction to a substance, They always move right to abstinence. Not that this is a bad thing, I've done it myself.

But this is not always the case.

Sometimes, I will stop, get a grip, but not completely write the source of addiction off. I move to tame it... Im not one who is fond of the thought of being controlled by a mere drug. Many thing's I have *learned* to use in moderation. From the almighty Marijuana... to the despairageing Crystal Methamphetamine(I DO NOT RECOMMEND ATTEMPTING TO DEVELOP A CONTROLLED USE OF THIS). I smoke weed only 3 or 4 times a week now. Mushrooms, which I once ate almost daily(No lie...) I have down to almost 1 or 2 times a year. Crystal meth I may use once a month or so on a weekend, and not as a tool, just like the body high and the way my mind roams when it's amped up.
    Im just wondering how (foolish?) this seems to fellow consumers...?
    :confused:

2. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i think you're doing a very smart thing. i also am trying to balance awareness with my drug use. I have found myself, and i'm sure you have also, on a path to where i can easily see addiction taking over me. It's when i realize the overwhelming control of addiction starting to grip down that i started taking the initiative in early prevention. I'm still smoking reefer everyday, but only before bed. I do smoke during the days, but probably the same as you, 3-4 times a week. I shroom maybe one a season, which also (like you), came down from several times a week. I think the number of times you indulge in whatever you choose to indulge in doesn't fluctuate the fact if you're addicted or not, i think the mindset of just knowing that there is more to the world and life then drugs, having the mindset that you do these things for spiritual exploration and elevation, instead of using them as a backbone... i feel that this is what you need to analyze when you're assessing if you're addicted or not. drugs are a beautiful thing, but reality is moreso, i feel at least. it's great that you have a head on these things, not having one can lead to addiction.

3. mowgli

mowgli Member

this may be a little off topic, but here goes anyway::::

a bit of a stupid question.........but how do you define being addicted to a substance? I smoke weed, i have only been smoking fer about a year, over the last month or two I have got used to smoking nearly every day.... I havn't smoked fer 4 days now[​IMG]...... and i find that I am longing for some cash to buy some bud, or for somebody else to have some bud and to let me av a few tokes. I have been feeling really REALLY pissed off cos i cant smoke, and i've found the last 4 days the most boring of my life! would you say that i'm addicted to weed? any answers appreciated

cheers

peace

4. madboy139

madboy139 Member

psychologists say once you're addicted to a substance you're always addicted even if you stop.

5. reef

reef Member

i find it hard to believe one can move from addiction to moderation.

but i guess some people have that kind of will power. more power to you.

but be sure your not fooling yourself.

6. wrat

wrat Member

once youve learned what you need to learn,to continue is foolish.there is a line that once crossed there is no going back