Mother Nature Cleaning House

Discussion in 'Protest' started by misswhatnow, Dec 29, 2004.

1. misswhatnow

misswhatnow Member

The wiping out of thousands of people (hopefully a lot of muslim terriorists) is just Mother Nature's way of letting some pressure off the planet. News media statements have stated that there are many muslim terriorists in that part of the world. And with the wiping out of a few, I find myself not crying a drop for those who choose that way of life. I am also sick and tired of listening to the death, destruction and mahem that occurs everyday on this planet. I do turn the channel when crap appears on the tube. But there is just so much I Love Lucy one can watch. If you feel the same, don't be ashamed. Speak your mind. We might live in a free society, but if someone is bigger and stronger your words won't mean a damn thing. Think about it!

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

to state (hopefully a lot of muslim terrorists) beggars belief.to come out with a statement like that is total madness.so when america is split in three with mother natures earthquake "will the rest of the world say that it is mother natures way of dealing with american terrorists."? maybe the world will say that(who knows). ....lets not forget a lot of innocent people (also)children lost there lives that day....................also please dont be taken in by news media defending bush/s terrorist organization..................................................peace for the world

3. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

I think the less people on this planet, the better off it will be. We are pretty virus-like, and mother nature is just showing us a bit of her power. She could take the whole planet back if she wanted to. I do sympathise with all the people who lost love ones in this. Im sure it is tough.

4. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

that part of the world is predominatly hindu...not muslim.
    and even if a disaster like that struck the middle east where all your "muslim terrorists" reside, it would still be a sad situation. as few are "terrorists" in comparison to innocent, civilens.

besides, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter...dont belive all teh things the news would like you too believe, educate yourself and look at the track record. then ask yourself who are the terrorists?

5. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

misswhatnow

Talking about muslim terrorists whiped out .... I do not come here to change your mind but your post spoke of believe patterns that do not sound like they are yours in origin. And so I want to add a thought, and say thanks for your sharing. No offense ment, and I could be wrong as well.

You know friends of us are desperate to help their friends building up again a living on the coast of Sri Lanka as they lost everything except the clothes they had been wearing on that very day, and their precious lifes.

Well now it is not so much about that. I think the real terrorist is the fear of terrorism planted inside our own heads.

And fear makes us want to hide when the unknown sea out there feasts on the shores of what we thought was guaranteed.

Yet deeper inside we know that it is not really ours.

Whatever happens - it is about what we make of it and this is our choice always. Even in the loosing we gain experience, and the chance to change and grow beyond our own selfes. I think this is all what it is about.

Let humans be each others medicine ... and each of us is adding, and no voice big or small is lost. Changing our own selfes we may help the world to change, without fear.

So turning the media on, or off ... start with your self ... listen to your heart and to the silent voice deeper inside that you know is true.

Wishing you well and I hope you did not mind my comment.

6. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

misswhatnow, I agree with what everybody has said. Please don't take offense to any of it and always keep an open mind!

7. misswhatnow

misswhatnow Member

To moving clod. Sure would be nice if you could spell the english language. Just shows how lazy the american people have become. If you want to shorten all the english words of today to something that the majority will have to relearn, then start sending out elementary readers to the masses. I know things change. I was just going by what the news media spouts over the airwaves. That part of planet is heavily muslim. Look at the suicide bombers that have struck the tourist spots. Muslim thinking has infiltrated their society and will be the destruction of this planet. Wiping out of that sort of human is the only way to guarantee peace. Long live the ATOM bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

8. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"Let humans be each others medicine ... and each of us is adding, and no voice big or small is lost. Changing our own selfes we may help the world to change, without fear."

What a beautiful thought, moving cloud. May it take wing. This world would be a much better place if all embraced this attitude.

9. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Firstly... let me say that as a German speaking person, Moving_cloud uses much better english than most of the english speaking folks on the forum. I'd like to see you write perfectly in German.

Secondly... The non-christian, or pre-christian belief in the Earth as mother is a nice sentimentality... they used to believe that the earth was flat too....

The practice of ascribing anthropomorphic qualities to non-sentient matter, i.e.; rock... is endearing. But when someone can actually think that the Earth had any motives against human beings, while behaving like a planet that's affected by the laws of Physics, I gotta laugh out loud.

We live on the surface of the planet. That surface is like the scum that floats on top of a roiling kettle of soup, (continental plates floating on boiling, semi-liquid magma). If you look at a cross section of the earth, you will see that the continental plates are like the thinnest, outtermost skin of an onion. The surface that we humans inhabit is not terra firma. It moves, and when it does, it moves because an area of friction which was preventing the normal plate movement breaks free of that friction. When that occurs, an earthquake happens.

Every atom, of every element in the universe may have a spirit... but energy, strings, whatever you call mass... is not possessed of sentience.

10. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

I've heard the mother nature cleaning house meme... but, for me, there's one huge problem with it:

The vast majority of those killed were desperately poor. Yes, there are far too many humans on this planet. But, if you are going to start cleaning house, wouldn't it make more sense to go after first world nations where the largest amounts of resources are used and waste is produced?

I have no idea whether there is a sentient organizing principle in the universe. I haven't enough evidence one way or the other, and I won't commit myself to a belief that I can't back up.

But one thing is certain, for me: I just can't accept the "house-cleaning" in this case.

11. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It is clearly evident that you have as little regard for human life as the terrorists.I find that to be very sad indeed.As for "long live the atom bomb",you evidently have never witnessed the destruction of a conventional bomb,let alone a thermonuclear device.One wonders then why you would choose to be on a hippy net. *sigh*

12. dasBenzin

dasBenzin Member

misswhatnow:
    You obviously know nothing about Islam or it's adherants. You spout what the American media tells you to think. This proves how ignorant you are. To suggest that all Muslims are terrorists is as blunderous as saying all Christians are murderers and terroists because of the Crusades or the Inquisition, or that all Germans are Nazis because of the Holocaust. Long live the atom bomb? Sensationalism is dead, my dear. Think of a real topic to discuss, not something just to make people angry.

13. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

My thoughts exactly.

And on the other points raised by the original poster, they're not worthy of a response.

14. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

Not to mention the fact that this tsunami probably did more damage to ocean fisheries than all the combined pollution ever produced by humans. "Deep ecology" types are evidently more anti-human than pro-environment.

15. balko

balko Member

"I'd like to see you write perfectly in German." Lol, I just took my German 2 final which I think I passed...(I know off topic...)

But I somewhat feel the way you do misswhatnow, yes the earth does have a way of controling popluation but what about those that didn't die? Should they get help? The Earth didn't think they should die, so they should have help from us.

And the countries that were bitching because America didn't give enough money...we have no money anyone because of...stupid reasons.