Most memorable concert moments

Discussion in 'Music' started by Irminsul, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What are some of your most memorable concert moment? I have heaps!

My first concert I actually went to, like a big tour was Insane Clown Posse and just hanging with all these Juggalos I didn't know existed was awesome. My older sister took me as I was underage. I remember Shaggy stage dived and he landed right in front of me, I had my hand tangled in his dreadlocks. The big fella, Violent J also stage dived and we managed to catch him and someone pulled off his shoe. I got to meet them the day after and hug them, they're so awesome.

My first heavy metal tour was Carcass, and I was at the front whipping my hair at the red head Michael Amott on guitar, our hair got tangled together and the security guard had to pull it apart. he just stood there playing guitar like nothing happened.

I remember at Cannibal Corpse, i think the 2nd time I seen them, some guy tried to get on stage and Corpsegrinder just laid this big boot into the guy and he fell down like a bag of shit, at the first Corpse gig I went to, there was an older lady who wasn't impressed by the odor protruding from the mosh pit in front so she opened a whole can of deoderant on them.

At last Amon Amarth gig I went to, I think it was during the pursuit of vikings, like hundredS of people just hit the floor and started rowing like they had oars. :tearsofjoy: Johan just shook his head and said "MAN!! I AINT SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT, YOU GUYS ARE FUCKED UP, THAT IS AN AWESOME ROW PIT!"

Cradle of Filth, while being booed for nothing, Danni Filth steps up and says "I really don't understand why you cunts even bother to show up for our gigs" he then copped more booes. I felt sorry for him.

Being sprayed with 400 bottles of pepsi in the ICP gigs was unreal too. We all stood there mouths open like OMG we're finally being baptised at a ICP show!! I also met them again, before the concert and we had a good talk. Violent J gave me a big hug and said thanks for supporting. I was wearing a limited edition thunder and lightening hatchetman jersey, so he knew I was oldskool 'lette. Oh and the first time I shook SHaggys hand, he did some kinda fucken weird gangsta hand shaked where we locked fingers and pulled back. His fingernail cut into my fingers.

At a Behemoth concerts i was wearing a cock and ball torture shirt, and all these guys were scared of me. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I actually can't remember the first vs. second times I went to Coachella, but I remember being really impressed about the big white tent areas and the overall festival in general. This was well before it was so big and mighty as to attract celebrities and media attention; say 2003-ish? I don't remember. I could check the line-ups. I know Bjork was there one of the times. So were the red hot chili peppers. I don't know if that was the same time.

Back then it seems like they had way better representation of in the dance culture department. And there wasn't really much rap that I noticed. Times are different now, but I'm glad we're getting a more diverse musical menagerie. Ariana Grande is playing this year! :)

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was seeing King Parrot well before they became famous and the lead singer, the skinhead would always walk up to me and miss and start screaming our faces and once he picked up a stack of rum glasses that we had lined up and he just pelts them all on the floor.

Oh and one time I was accidentally stepping on the microphone chord at a dodgy venue and the singer went to kick me and then some guy grabbed me and pushed the singer back and he fell into the drum kit. We walked out after that, they were local band but I never supported them again. Can't even remember their name. They sucked anyway.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I've seen Cradle of Filth probably 6 or 7 times many years ago. With that said I see how they get the crowd hot. I guess it's part of the metal vibe but they always go out of their way to be rude and edgy. Their music is considered mainstream compared to like Mayham. Cradle is not black enough to be black metal. So to many they are dick posers.

They also never played an encore. Only band I have ever seen to do that. Last time I heard Dani sing it was comical. An old man trying so hard to sound like he did in the old days. Sorry dude you drank and smoked and look where you are now.

My first time seeing them I saw a women die in the pit. That was fun. They say pits take care of you. Nope you can get crushed. Did not realize till medics came. I'm sure someone figured it out but where can you go? You feet have to hit somewhere.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I kind of hate to admit this because I love music so much but I dont really enjoy concerts. I tend to get a little panicky when large throngs of people are pushing into me.

To illustrate that point, my most memorable concert moment moment was when I once fainted at a concert. It was a Wailers show (Bob Marley's band) so it wasnt even a big concert, just an excuse to smoke weed and listen to live music on a random thursday, that sort of thing. But the venue was packed and I started getting really hot and people were pushing into me from all directions and I just fainted and fell over.

So I usually just stick to seeing local bands in small venues where the vibe is more chill and there's room to actually breathe. Or concerts at an outdoor ampitheatre where I can find a spot on the lawn away from people

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

He's a pretty chilled laid back guy in real life though. I met him backstage when one of my friends bands opened up for them in Sydney. He's really short too, he only looks average sized because he wears huge moon boots. His voice I found really hypnotizing because its just not what you'd expect and he's really intelligent. He's probably one of my favorite lyricists, even though I don't even really understand his lyrics sometimes. He uses a lot of big words, but his stories are really well written. I'm not really a "you're not black metal" kind of person.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh there's lots of times I'm so exhausted I just hope the band I came to see finishes early lol but I have never had a bad experience in a mosh pit, I've never fallen down though I just get squished in rolls of fat and stinky hair. :pbut I hate when someone pulls my hair, I will kick back like a horse I don't care. When I used to go with male friends, they used to stand mehind me and drape themselves over my shoulders for protection, but I really only go with my wife now to concerts. She prefers to stay back and watch, but I at least get on the fringe of the pit, so I can push and throw people into it lol.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Now some of my best crappy concert photos. :sweatsmile:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Amon Amarth and Cannibal Corpse

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Boondox, Big Hoodoo & ICP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Paul Diano, The Berzerker, The Amenta, Frankenbok

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've quit taking photos at concerts and sports events. You miss the show.

Asmodean likes this.
  13. deleted

deleted Visitor

I guess when I got a backstage pass to Bob Weir and Rob Wasserman. But all I could say and do. "I'm a really big fan, can I have your autograph?".. smiled stupidly and walked away..

Smoking weed with Vincent Welnick of the Grateful Dead was also pretty wild, when we didn't know it was him right away.

Meliai likes this.
  14. soulcompromise

who's that girl?? :hearteyes: (with the Roland)

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

She was keyboard for cradle of filth. She was hot, but she was also boring.

soulcompromise likes this.
  16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I've been to several concert but the truth is I don't have many memories of it. I've only been to one concert where I wasn't fucked up and that was ZZ Top when I was in high school and I was the dd.

17. soulcompromise

I remember I went to a grateful dead cover band show. They opened with "One More Saturday Night". It wasn't a great show but I was so stoked because I was there this group of young women (i was like 16 at the time) one of which was my ex, Katie. The were good friends of mine if only for that night...

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I have too much fond memories of lots of music festivals and concerts to pick. I would be typing for half an hour to make an adequate reply.

I wish everybody did this. Concerts were better in the 90s solely because there were almost no smartphone screens in the crowd. Fuck that shit!! Just enjoy the show

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Almost without doubt the first time that I heard Tchaikovsky's symphonic poem, Manfred live at the Royal Festival Hall, London.
    That moment at the end of the 4th movement, when the theme passes from the orchestra to the concert organ is truly unbelievable the first time that you hear it live.
    It starts after 17:15 on this video from the Proms, but loudspeakers can never do it justice.

20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

stones many times but 2 were in bars....Palais royale and phoenix club both Toronto

and again this summer

I was in this audience...so was Sharon stone :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019