Most hated TV characters

Discussion in 'TV' started by Irminsul, Oct 11, 2018.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Can't blame him he was probably familiar with her magazine cover, and oh, by the way she speaks Jive [​IMG]

Back in the day this was every boys jerk off material

[​IMG]

Eric! likes this.
  2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh shit! I remember that. Wasn't that on "Airplane" or something?

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

It's one of the all-time classics

StellarCoon and tumbling.dice like this.
  4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

So weird without the laugh track...

Orison and Meliai like this.
  5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Laugh tracks are really IRRITATING. They cover bad writing. I've thought of this every time a laugh track comes on after a nothing "so-called joke." Mostly, damn near every line that gets a "laugh" that way is not funny at all.Seinfeld was about the only show with a minimal laugh track that works.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't get TV shows that record live and need a sign to tell the crowd when to laugh. That shits fucked up, and fake ass. Fuck that, I will laugh when something is funny. No one gonna tell me when to laugh. Fuck them. If they ain't funny I ain't laughing and that should be eveybodies attitude. That way friends wouldn't have had to last 11 seasons because everyone would have just sat there like are we seriously watching these morons.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Hmmm... I get what you're saying but I think laugh tracks are effective for some sitcoms, Friends being one of them. I don't think I would have watched that show at all without the laugh track. It works as kind of a lubricant to make the characters more accessible, same with Big Bang Theory from what I've seen.

I couldn't make it through all the seasons of Friends even with the laugh track. The show established Ross and Rachel's relationship early but when everyone else started falling for each other, I felt the tone of the show drastically changed and I stopped watching it. So I don't think laugh tracks necessarily save a show either.

8. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

He who shall not be named, is a purple dinosaur, and the problem is you cannot kill a fucking clown suit. Hence, we must all be satisfied with the knowledge that his battery powered fan inside the suit caught fire, burning his buns.

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

VoldaBarney

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the concept of a laugh track is pretty annoying, but in practice i rarely even notice it as i'm watching a show.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Not sure what a laugh track is?

12. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Its called "sweetening" and the whole idea is that you aren't supposed to notice it, because you are supposed to be laughing.

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

It's when, on a show, the producers put recordings of people laughing, booing, or cheering the background of the show. It's supposed to tell the viewer when to laugh or otherwise react. It's dumb.

Usually used in sitcoms from a certain era. They aren't so popular any more.

Eric! and Irminsul like this.
  14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well i'm not usually laughing (sure, sometimes i am, but laugh tracks play way more often than a genuinely funny joke is told). but i did grow up with laugh tracks in pretty much every show after all, so it just became so normal that it doesn't even register anymore.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the worst is when someone enters the scene, either a famous guest, or even worse, just a popular character in the show, and they play the loud "woooooooo!"

tumbling.dice and YouFreeMe like this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ah okay so I was pretty spot on in my first post about it hehe.

Yeah nah, I don't like it. Like I said, I laugh at what's funny. It's like funniest home videos when people laugh it's all bullshit, some dumb kid and some dumb animal aren't funny, some old person drunk at a party falling over is.

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I remember reading once that most laugh tracks were filmed quite some time ago, so when you hear a sitcom with a laugh track, most of the people laughing are dead.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Doesn't surprise me, they all sound the same hehe.

Herherher
    Hahaherher
    Her
    Herrr
    Ha.
    Heherhhehr wiooooo

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Actually I think in Seinfeld they had to ask the audience to stop cheering when Kramer came in the room because he had to wait 5 seconds before starting his speech because of the noise.

20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Yes. Or when two characters kiss for the first time.