Most Dangerous Drug

Discussion in 'Drug Polls' started by Cosmic Butterfly, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

What do you think is the most dangerous drug out there?
    If is other please share your opinion.

Thanks.

2. polymer

polymer Senior Member

fentanyl analogs, PMA (p-methoxyamphetamine)

the intermediates PCC (from pcp synthesis) and MPTP (from meperidine synthesis).

fentanyl and its analogs are extremely potent, it's easy to kill yourself from an od. 150 mg paramethoxyamphetamine is like taking nardil with a couple grams of tyramine; heart failure may occurt, after getting a fever of 106+ (at that temp, actual brain damage begins to occur)
    PCC is an extremely toxic byproduct from incomplete PCP synthesis; nosebleeds and brain hemorrhaging can occur from its use. MPTP is a by-product from meperidine synthesis, and its use can give irreversibe parkinsonian symptoms, because it destroys dopamine receptors

these make meth look like a cup of coffee.

on a widespread scale (society), alcohol.

3. EMMAh

EMMAh Senior Member

Meth fucks you up pretty bad.

4. Johndoe881

Johndoe881 Member

I think its Crack

5. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Meth, hands down

6. dannyandryan

dannyandryan Member

i live in indiana, and around here, its meth w/o a question

7. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I'll have to agree with everyone who said meth. It's pretty damn gross.

8. abrad84

abrad84 Member

Alcohol is pretty dangerous, and what's even more dangerous is that most people are ignorant to its danger.

9. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

This is a hard question to answer, some drugs may be more dangerous to some than others. But i think i choose alcohol, because it's socially accepted in society, when in reality it's REALLY bad for you. It's really addicting, and if you're lucky enough to survive being an alcoholic, than your basically just brain dead. Although heroin meth and crack are all up there as well. They all are just poison to your body.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i voted lsd, but i dont think lsd is the most dangerous drug

11. SunshineLovePeace

SunshineLovePeace all you need is love

meth, cuz i have seen several ppl let it get the best of them.. and it was bad..

12. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Good post. I totally forgot about those, but I have seen a video a couple years ago of kid overdosing on PMA. It was horrible. The paramedics could do nothing. His temp was so high he was just convulsing, and then he died. :(

13. polymer

polymer Senior Member

thanks.

I'm looking at it from a neurochem/pharmacological perspective, rather than my neighborhood. I realize there are worse things to be had than common drugs of abuse, many of them easily made (like PMA, which as you know, was passed off as MDMA); if a person snorted PMA, thinking it was meth, he/she would likely be dead in 20 mins without medical attention. You won't hear about it much, because media doesn't sensationalize it (because they simply don't know about it). Datura is pretty dangerous too.

MPTP damage can easily be seen in demerol addicts, if the demerol was poorly made. It's extremely neurotoxic, and does noticeable damage after just one dose, which isn't the case with the others listed.

The "oxycontin epidemic" was also televised just a few years ago; funny, don't hear about it much anymore. There will be a new "epidemic" in a few years.

if we're going by just the physical appearance of users, look at long-term inhalant addicts; their bones become brittle, tissue loss apparent...ingesting solvents...they urinate themselves (like severe alcoholics), and can't even talk coherently.

almost forgot about GHB, it has a steep dosage curve; in small amounts, it's relatively benign, but has the potential to be as addictive as benzos; but if one isn't careful when dosing, they could easily stop breathing. Same holds true for its precursors GBL, and 1,4-butanediol.

the "most dangerous" drugs aren't really any of the ones listed in the poll; not to say those don't have the potential to be dangerous (they can certainly be habit-forming)

14. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

I know, I would love to add GHB, and others. It sucks that the poll only allows ten slots to fill.

15. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

i know ppl who wznr straihgt to the spych yard after a hard trip on Dat

16. polymer

polymer Senior Member

on what?

BZ is probably one of the most maddening trip experiences; if you've ever seen Jacob's Ladder, that's how his hell was induced.

AMT has caused a few deaths, those were reported, bam.. DEA motioned to have emergency scheduling for it; this was back in early 2004. AMT is an effective MAOI.

there are so many potentially dangerous drugs; it'd be tough to list them all.

I'd venture to say the anticholinergics (datura fits in this group), which induce "hallucinations", are especially dangerous; it's a delerium type stupor, in which you're in a place that looks completely different, or, you have total amnesia during the experience. If you do this by yourself, this is really dangerous, because you won't realize what you're doing. This is probably a reason salvia may be scheduled.

17. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Datura is a beautiful plant to see, but dangerous too. I also know a friend of my husbands who experimented in datura without really knowing what he was getting into. He is still not right in the head, and Im not sure if he ever was.

18. polymer

polymer Senior Member

yeah, the flowers are fragrant and beautiful to look at , but the seed pods are curiously spiked, as if a warning.

I've had my bouts with it, it's not a pleasant feeling.

19. sandpedlar

sandpedlar Member

I say PCP. I've tried almost all the others, and from what I've discovered, there's just no coming back with dust.

20. polymer

polymer Senior Member

I'd have to say PCP and meth are in the same boat: prolonged use may actually perpetuate a state of psychosis.

but neither of them is "the most dangerous drug"