Morning wood

Discussion in 'Genitalia' started by ascdude, Apr 17, 2006.

1. ascdude

ascdude Member

I get morning wood every single morning even when Ive had sex the night before...Is this a phase or what

2. Fastswitch

Fastswitch Visitor

How old are you? Teens in puberty automatically have to piss first thing in the morning standing on their heads. Older guys should be dangling au natural....if not, youy may have a problem "Notify your doctor if you have an erection of over four hours," refers to older guys. Usually, my doctor said, erections of over four hours are the last the gentleman in question ever has! I hope you're just young and full of raging hormones.

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

My husband always wakes up with a morning wood, and he's nearly 32 years old. I figured it was normal.

joe.booth1991 likes this.
  4. ascdude

ascdude Member

Im 19

5. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Morning erection is as normal as yawning. Even OLDER men get them regularly. Don't sweat.

6. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

I'm 22 and I still get it ... it's no problem for me whatsoever. It's a daily reminder that my sex drive still exsists![​IMG]

7. Fastswitch

Fastswitch Visitor

In the world of sexual expression, 19 is young! Congratulations on your stellar sex drive. Enjoy!

8. brack1936

brack1936 Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I probably wouldn't know it was there if I got no morning wood. I can piss in my sleep, so I need some other sign it exists!

9. Irish Drunkard

Irish Drunkard Member

Im in my 30s and Ill wake up with wood two or three times a week.

Heres a question for other guys about morning wood. Can you jerk morning wood to orgasm? Ive tried and cant always make morning wood come. Once in a while I can.

10. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm 46 and stil wake up hard quite often,,,Its fine and normal

11. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

always.

12. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I'm 43 and have it every morning. EVERY morning.

Of course I drink a pint of Bass before bed every night, and it's caused by my full bladder pushing against my prostate. Morning wood sex is the greatest. You're refreshed from a good nights sleep and you can go and go and go...

djinx likes this.
  13. hellspoon

hellspoon Member

14. Agent51

Agent51 Member

Morning wood apparently is a sign that it "works right". I read somewhere that it is what happens when we are waking up and our brain sends out "test fires" to all of our nerves to make sure eveything is working. It's basically like a "testing, testing, 1, 2, 3" type thing, lol. If you wake up without morning wood it means you technically didn't JUST wake you and your brain woke up a little earlier and "performed the test". This is why they say not to have sex with a morning erection, because it isn't a full, real erection, it's just a "test" erection, and you can do damage. They say to let it go down and THEN bring it back up if you want to have sex/masurbate, that way it will be a "true", arousal erection.

It also said it is a common misconception that morning wood mean you have to pee. They said that if that were the case then people wouldn't get morning wood who don't need to pee, but they do, and it would mean that, in theory, we'd get wood EVERYTIME we had to pee, which we don't.

15. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Hmmm... I don't know how credible that idea of the "test" erection being unsuitable to have sex with, since I just believe an erection is an erection, intended, arousal-induced, or not. And morning erections can very well be some of the FULLEST erections one can achieve as well(since one may be so hard it feels all "bloated", so to speak).

My theory is that, when we are waking up, our mind still hasn't fully come out of the relaxed(as oppose to "aware") state, thus the body and mind are both very sexually "open", shall we say. During sleep, our body and mind are generally relaxed, all the inhibition temporarily gone. As we are waking up, our "guards" are still down, so to speak, thus we are actually at a more primal state at such time. That may also explain why many people find morning sex to be the most satisfying.

Although, Spontaneous erections while awake or during sleep, as I understand, occur so as to ensure the blood circulates within the penis properly. Sort of like yawning is to ensure the brain gets enough oxygen. That, combined with the above-mentioned theory, to me, seems to be the case with the morning erection.

Now....

Thank you! *applauds* I had been compelled to mention that misconception myself, though, I initially decided to hold my tongue. Really, the opposite seems to happen to me when my bladder is full, that is, I usually have a difficulty maintaining my erection at such times. Some also say morning erections occur so that we do not accidentally urinate in our sleep, since we men "can't urinate with an erection". Of course, this is also quite false as well. I myself have ALWAYS been able to pee with a rock-solid erection, and I am 100% positive I'm not the only one on this.

I just think morning erections are just like yawning or farting. It's just a natural thing. Might as well enjoy them.

16. Agent51

Agent51 Member

Well, I have always heard that you shouldn't have sex with "morning wood" because of that reason, but I don't know how true it is, it just seemed credible coming from a urologist, lol. For me "morning wood" goes down pretty much right away when I wake up, so unless it's there for awhile before I'm fully awake, I don't have very long ones. Anytime I have morning sex it always seems to happen right AFTER my initial morning wood has been "cured" lol. And I definately agree that morning sex is one of the best sexes (is that even a word, lol). It is ranks right up there with make-up sex. Morning sex not only feels better for some reason, but it just makes your whole day. Even if people are being a dick to you or something it doesn't bother you as much as it would have had you not gotten laid earlier.
    And yea, I can definately pee with a full blown erection too, lol. It sucks, you gotta like lean your whole body over to hit the target, since you aren't supposed to "push it down" because it can damage the tendons that contract to make it stand like that. I also agree with you on the not seeming be able to keep an erection if you have to pee bad. There is nothing worse then things getting hot and heavy and you get that "I have to pee" feeling. So you ignore it and you get "excited" and everything, but as time goes on it turns into that sharp, almost painful, feeling of "I have to go NOW" and every little movement sends that sharp feeling through you, lol. Sometime that makes me lose my erection, and other times I stop on purpose because I don't wanna think I'm delivering the load but I'm actually pissing, lol, because sometimes it gets THAT bad that you start to wonder which will come out :)

17. SithInHeels

SithInHeels Banned

18. Irish Drunkard

Irish Drunkard Member

That, or I will have just had a dream "starring" Kinky Ramona and/or MrsH....

19. _orgazmik_

_orgazmik_ o_O

Morning wood rocks! It's always huge and I love it.

20. itsme6526

itsme6526 Member

40 and can still hit the ball out of the park in the mornings...