More Expensive = No Hangover

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by Inavacuum, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

Ok I'm quite new to the alchohol thing. But, someone told me that the more expensice the liquor the less of a hangover because the more expensive it is the more impurities are voiled out. Is this true?

2. MossIcon

MossIcon Member

Not really sure, but I dont think so. I've gotten hung over from expensive shit before so I dunno.

3. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

well the more pure alcohols are lighter in color.. vodka, light beer, etc.... so if that's true then stick to lighter stuff....

usually the cheap shit will fuck you up... i used to drink MD2020 (i think that's what it's called...) and now i can't stand the smell of it... it's incredibly cheap and high alcohol content... but yeah it's nasty. blech.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The more impurities there are in an alcohol-containing beverage, the more likely you will be hungover the next day, and worse. For instance, drinking a "malt beverage" containing a high amount of sugar is likely to give you a worse hangover than something that doesn't contain any sugar at all.

I notice cheap beer gives me a much worse hangover than the more expensive beers, which might be because most of the commercial, fizzy, piss yellow beers contain preservatives and additives. Plus, they're made with not-so-very-good ingredients.

I can drink a six-pack of something that is of a higher quality and higher alcohol content than something much cheaper and weaker, and feel barely hungover at all the next day.

So yes, quality does matter, whether it be for beer or wine, or whatever.

5. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Just make sure to drink lots of water before bed... I rarely get hangovers, but that keeps me from waking up so dehydrated.. :D

6. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

i drank me some crown royal last night and woke up with a little headache...the trick to not waking up with an hangover...is drink about a half a gallon of water before you hit the rack...and maybe take some tylenol too.

7. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

I do believe that cheap stuff is more likely to have impurities in it, however if you drink enough of anything you'll probably get a hangover :p. Also, if it's really expensive you'll probably be inclined to take it a little slower and drink less, possibly? On the whole I think it's a good idea to avoid the really cheap wines, they taste like shit anyhow :)

8. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I agree...sometimes while drinking cheap beer the hangover will start to hit quickly...like with budweiser..I never really get drunk, just an increasingly intense headache...

I thought there was also something with pasteurization, something about non-pastuerized beers having more vitamin B, which helps prevent hangovers.

9. wideyed

wideyed Member

i have a theory about hangovers. When you start drinking, it doesnt take much to get you drunk. so you havent ingested that much alcohol for your body to process. But as the years go by, you need to drink more and more to get drunk, and so your body has to process more, this being harder on it. therefore, worse hangovers as you get older.

one drink that i noticed was good for H O 's was gibsons rye, fill glass half with coke, then top with water (roughly). Gibsons is middle high quality for those who dont know it. called a 'press' around here.

O E hangovers are horrible

as well as bad draft.

10. wideyed

wideyed Member

also tylenol and alcohol react to damage your liver

11. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

oh yes aspirin too... i have heard good things about advil... i'm not sure what's in it. if it has aspirin or the active ingredient in tylenol (forgive me i don't know it...) then don't take it...

12. Timmaniac

Timmaniac Member

so true if i drank too much beer. like 3 liters i usually drink 4 liters of water after it, next day no hangover

13. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I usaully drink 151 and I never got hungover.

14. Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day Member

Ahh that takes me back to my youth:p

i had the same problem as you...i used to drink 2020 all the time but one day i realised it was disgusting haha and stopped drinking it