More dreads?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by hax, Jan 29, 2009.

1. hax

hax Member

Ive been thinking, its been 3 months now that i have had dreads and i only have 22 of them, and i have been tossing around the idea that i would like more, or should i just see if the 22 get thicker? How would you guys approach this? can i just rip them in half and that be it? Advice?

2. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

You got a pic?

It may just be because you have thin hair, or the dreads are really big anyway :)

Pic would help :D

Uhh If the dreads are still really young then you can, like you say they are 3 months so you might be able to but this might hinder the process and get you back to the beginning :(

3. hax

hax Member

4. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

You got's to copy the IMAGE code from photo bucket ;)

[​IMG]

5. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Good one ;D

They do look really thick, but when they get longer they'll seem like theres more ^^

6. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Leave them be..,
    If you rip them in half you'll be breaking hairs apart which will weaken the dreads.

7. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

You'll be allright mate, I've only got about 14 and they are fat bastards, and I like them that way, wouldn't want no thin weakling dreads.

8. hax

hax Member

haha right o, thanks guys, its odd i would copy the url that the picture is in and it wouldnt show up, what image code would you be referring to?

9. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

{img} or u can click the yellow add pic button and paste te url

my comment
    i wouldht mess with it but 22 is not alot i would definateloy prevent thrm from confgoing never ever crochet or do any rubbing so babies form between them from seperating
    i had like 250 tuill recenltly
    some were very thin but still strong enough to rewach the floor
    yours look like u alrewad y severely over worked em exspecialy for 3 months what all did u do to em

just keep seperating em and nothing else
    in time new ones will apear but may be a good while till they do

10. scatteredleaves

scatteredleaves Smelly Hobo

with my first set, i only had 19 and i have super super thick hair. i htink yours look great! it will look like more once your hair is longer. theyre off to a great start, so i wouldnt fuck with them. not that theres much you can do.

11. hax

hax Member

yeah, SE i actually back combed, and after that i crocheted BUT! i didnt just wrap hair around the roots in every direction, i weaved the lose hairs evenly throughout the dread working my way up, and that really helped, at about a week after i did that i just ended up saying fuck it and let them do their thing, i am really surprised though, after doing the crocheting thing once and letting them go they are nice and firm and strong now, scatteredleaves yeah i see where you are coming from, at first my doubts were in the fact that in some places on the back right top (got some 3rd dimension action going there) i can comfortably fit 3 fingers between 2 dreads (lots of space between dreads) so ill just wait for them to thicken up, i cant wait for spring break as i am going to mexico (i havent seen the big blue wet thing in YEARS), it will give my lovely locks to tighten up and do whatever it is they. its funny because after some of the hairs that i crocheted came out they turned into curly Qs.

12. hax

hax Member

test