More and More

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Bellfire01, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I use to think that I was the only woman that likes sports. (Especially football and wrestling) Are there any other ladies out there that can watch an entire football game or look at wrestling matches? I don't mean to take butt surveys (Although I do that as well) ;)

2. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I watch football all the time. I think it's at the least entertaining. I don't really care to look at butts...I think the sport itself is entertaining enough. My significant other and I spend quality time together on Saturdays and Sundays watching football. He says he never thought he'd find a girl that would do that with him on the weekends...sometimes I think I'm a bigger football fan than he is!

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I'm really into the NFL. I love watching football. It's one of my favorite pasttimes. what am I gonna do on Sundays after football season?!

Anyway I get excited and jump up and down and yell at the TV a lot.

and I don't really look at thier butts either.

4. smilez

smilez Member

I'm a big NFL fan. But I'm a HUGE ice hockey fan. I love gonig to any game no matter what level.

5. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I don't really look at the butts that much. (There aren't too many football playersthat catch my eye. I like Pro Wrestlers and some baseball players though. ;) I love the sports. I want to throw a Superbowl party. I'm gonna throw one next year even if I have to get a hotel room to do it.

6. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I think baseball players have the best bodies...for my liking anyway. *laughs*

7. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

You all pale in comparison to my sister, the biggest female sports fan likely to have ever walked the planet....she couldn't even watch some college football games while pregnant because her blood pressure and heart rate rose too much!

Our family is always babysitting for her while she is at some basketball game or something. If you go to her house, there she will often bee, pounding beers in a can watching sports with her husband and friends.

8. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

LOL, Seamonster. Imagine your OB or midwife telling you, "NO sports!"

I really TRIED to like sports, I did. Bear, as well as my father, who both LOVE sports, have tried to explain them to me. But I just don't get it as entertainment. There's no plot, I can't get attached to the characters, there's no scientific aspect, nothing to keep my personal interest. Sports are like mushrooms, I really wanted to like them, but couldn't. :(

9. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

eh, sports are fine and dandy for other people. If a hockey game is on and there isn't anything else of interest, I'll watch it sometimes... it makes a great option for when commercials come on for other shows as well. And none of that silly coloured puck thing... if you can't spot a black puck on white ice, hockey just ain't worth your time.

10. yesplease

yesplease Member

i'm a fan of college basketball, personally--especially when it's a big rivalry...the tension and excitement in an arena can be amazing! i also love me some soccer...

but it seems that everyone is referring to men's sports--what about women's?!

11. superNova

superNova Member

i watch nfl football (though this season sucked because the panthers dilly dallied around until they were so far down it was almost impossible for them to come out), and love nhl, but i don't have a tv so i only watch them when i'm at someone else's place. i used to watch an incredible amount of tennis back when i was competetive. it's still great to watch, if i am near a tv during a grand slam i'll definitely turn it on. and i like watching women's tennis 10x more than men's, there's a great deal more strategy involved - more of a mental game to it than just relying on power.

what i will go out of the way for though is college basketball - go deacs ;) my school is ranked 4th in the nation right now, and well even if we weren't i'd still be doing anything to at least hear the games. i bust out my radio headphones and listen in - it's .. kinda like watching, for the television imparied ;) :)

12. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I LOVE wrestling!!! I have wanted to be involved in the business since I was young. I like football, but only if I am playing it. I cannot stand to watch it on television.