Monty Python

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Peace_is_Free, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Peace_is_Free

Peace_is_Free Member

Anyone seen any of these films, Mony Python and the holy grail, the meaning of life, life of brain?

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I've only seen Flying Circus and Holy Grail, Grail is great but Circus sucked

3. I think The Holy Grail is one of the best movies ever...

4. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

life of brian is a scream (brill)

5. austin69

austin69 Member

Love that Rabbit in Grail. And i love all of there cartoons.

6. goldmund

goldmund Member

The Meaning of Life is my favorite. Life of Brian is excellent too. Holy Grail is great, but overplayed, quoted too often. I just started getting into the Flying Circus, some of that shit is way off the deep end. I sometimes wonder what type of funny stuff they were playin' with to come up with the ideas.

7. JayJ

JayJ Member

Holy Grail is by far my favorite (there's no match for the knights of ni lol), followed closely by meaning of life

8. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

He is NOT the messiah. He's a very naughty boy!
    If anything ever pisses you off try watching 'The Life of Brian' with a few good friends. For me these people are true heroes.

9. Gregonzo

Gregonzo Member

I am one of the Knights who say NEEEEEE godddammnittt!!!!

oh and I just threw a "Holy Hand Grenade....sorry Rabbit!!"

10. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Yea all three.
    :sunglasse

11. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

yes! I LOVE them all! :D

Holly

12. I've seen The Meaning of Life. Its very good and I need to see more Monty Python movies. They are sooooooooo cool. Exactly the sort of movies I like to watch. Odd and comical. Yah!!!!!! ;)

13. jack_helltoy

jack_helltoy Member

The "Flying circus" movie "And Now For Something Completely Different" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066765/ ) was really just redone and expanded skits from the TV series with a few new bits written in. ( personally, I think the TV series is funnier than all the movies except "Grail"). If you like the TV series you would like "Completely Different".. although not all the skits seem as funny with better production etc..
    But I think "Holy Grail" is one of the funniest movies ever made. "Life of Brian" was great and I don't think "Meaning of Life" was as good as the others, but it still has some hilarious parts.
    There's also Jabberwocky http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076221/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9amFiYmVyd29ja3l8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=1;ft=3;fm=1 which is the least well known and the weakest Python movie IMO..
    You can rent most of their stuff from most video shops. But I still like the TV series best..

14. Thanks, I'll check these later. ;)

15. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

My problem with "And Now for Something..." was that it seemed to have lost some of its effect after seeing the skits on Flying Circus as well as hearing them on record.

Speaking of records, might I suggest listening to soem of the albums they put out? You'll have plenty of Flying Circus sketches like "Spam" and "Parrot", but uncensored. But I think my favorite one would be "The Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail". It will have scenes from the movie with other sketches intertwined through it. Definitely worth it. Even better effect if you can get it on record as opposed to cd. Trust me on this.

16. I thought "Life of Brian" was hilarious. "Holy Grail" is one of my all time favorite movies.

"All right, no one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle. Even... and I want to make this absolutely clear... even if they do say, "Jehovah. "

17. Chris L

Chris L Member

I've seen all the movies. They're awesome. Meaning of Life is probably my least favorite, but I still love it. I've only seen a couple of the episodes of Flying Circus, but from what I saw, it was hilarious.

18. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

1976, I was 12. My buddy Peter introduced me to Monty Python's Flying Circus, well, his parents were ex-pats, and his dad fought Jerry in N. Africa, a member of the 8th Div. or something. Anyhoo, silly bunt. I love those guys, and am so disappointed that Graham Chapman passed away.....he was Brian, for those who don't know. Life of Brian was the first film I ever saw that showed male full frontal nudity, Brian opening his shutters, to find a multitude gathered below....

he finally says, "Fuck off!"
    of course they reply, "Yes, yes, but how, how shall we fuck off, please tell us!!"
    My personal no. 1 is meaning of life, but Grail and Brian are virtually tied with it. Seen Meaning of Life at least 10 times, 6 times in the theatre when it came out..., Grail, oh maybe a dozen times, and I have only seen Brian twice, need to see it more.....
    jabberwocky is not a python film, though I thought it was too, for a long time. It is financed by George harrison, like the python films, but is not. I have seen it twice, and there are some funny scenes, like Michael Palin waking to the feel of droplets raining down on his face, and seeing a guard pissing down from the castle wall......Grizelda, his ample true love.....it is not bad, but not as good as python.
    Fawlty Towers is awesome too, rent the dvd if you see it.
    and the Grail ltd. edition dvd has tons of neat stuff, behind the scenes, etc....."Well, it's not much of a philosophy, I know, but well.........then.......fuck you.....fuck off,...........don't come following me!"

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

20. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Monty Python's Flying Circus was an entire television series that was on for years... What do you mean "Circus sucked"? Do you mean you didn't like the entire series?? I LOVE it!

I've seen the other Python movies and I love them all. They were super quirky and funny and satirical. I wish the sound was done better. The sound on Holy Grail sucks!

-Jeffrey