Money.

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by the_dude, Jan 28, 2005.

1. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

Money is the most evil thing man ever invented! Worse than the gun! People do anything for money! Why? Because they know they can get whatever they want with it! I dont know what the guy who invented money was thinking!
    I myself is gonna move away as soon as i can. Im gonna be completely self providing. Totaly independent! If everybody did the same thing those bastards in the white house or any house are gonna have all their money but will have nothing to buy and notice that you cant buy happiness. Im gonna stop using money. Im serious! Only use trading! Everybody! Stop using money! This is whats fueling those bastards in government! Stop using money! All those evil rich devils got their money buy taking them through the most foul tricks they could use but nobody will see that when they buy something because its only green faceless money! Damn it! Why did someone invent money?
    Everybody! we can save the world if just do one thing! Stop using money! Start burning all the money you have! Move out to the country! Get your own water! Get your own food! Get your own home!
    We should not stop helping each other! Not at all! But stop thinking that everything is just gonna come to you just because you want them. Start trade between each other. You gotta do favors equaly valued by the both persons to get favors equaly valued by both persons! Im sick of typing but i hope you listened to me. Get rid of all your money! Its just paper!

2. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Thats dumbb ANd its not psychic.

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Money makles things more orderly. Without money technology wouldn't have advanced nearly as fast.

4. Duck

Oh and if you decide to listen to this guy and get rid of your money, PM me and I'll tell you where to send it.

5. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

HaHa - you!!!

And for the thread, let me know if you figure out how to be completely self dependent (without money) - I don't believe that's possible.

6. Duck

Tara, that's a great point. I value independence very much, that statement made me realize how good money really is

7. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

ha, it would be nice if I could simply "stop using money" :D

8. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

You can be self dependant without money. Its called sustainable living.

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

doesn't it take money to start sustainable living, unless someone gives you the land.

10. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

You know it's money that let your parents buy all those nice things you have and pay the bills which keep your internet on.

11. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

I think what hes trying to say is money is the root of all evil?

12. TARABELLE

Amoung other things. Like, clothes. Ok, you could be nude most of the time, but if cold, you're going to have to grow cotton or have sheep (where did you get the sheep or seeds free?), then process that into thread, then weave that into cloth, then sew that (with needles? what do you use instead? something free) into clothes and all that before you're ever clothed. Of course, there is fur - you would have to kill something by free means, skin it and tan the hide. And fuel for warmth and cooking (or eat all things raw)? Trees grow slow, peat is not available everywhere and is that renewable?, coal has to be mined, solar is ineffective, etc. The actuality of living without money at all is difficult to imagine. I would think at the minimum you would need to have something or some skill to barter with.

13. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

i dont think you guys are ready for this yet. it will come to you soon enough...

14. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

think in long terms of what would happen if everybody traded instead of using money...
    and people must of course help fellow people in need.

15. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

and i admit its not psychic but i couldnt come up with any thread for the moment.

16. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

i know! but couldnt they get it for doing something. the salesman will never know how they got that money!

17. TARABELLE

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say GREED is the root of all evil? Money can do good things - the Tsunami victims would think so, I would imagine.

18. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

i think the tsunami victims would like it better if we went down there and tried to help it out ourselfs!

19. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

if we started now we could be thought by older generations and we could teach upcomming generations

20. TARABELLE

Well, I'm sure they would appreciate the tourism dollars. But seriously, do you believe that their system could support all of us showing up in person to help? They are already in need of life sustaining necessities, like shelter, food, medicines. I'm sorry, but that is a very short sighted argument, I think.[​IMG]