Money to Grow

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by quackcow, Dec 30, 2007.

1. quackcow

quackcow Member

ok so im pretty much getting kicked out of my house, but it isnt 2 bad seeing that my dad is helping me get an apartment. Finnally- ...ok well 5 minutes later i had an epiphany that i can finaly grow. I just want 2 grow 4 myself and a couple of close friends, and was hoping you guys/gals can tell me how much it would b to have a constant supply of green(we smoke bout an oz a week) forever!!! Im also curious about how much money/effert/risk/space is involved in the process and how much research is needed to begin growing. Thanks

2. JayDoubles

JayDoubles Member

well honestly you could get that kinda yield in 2 closets. Youd have to use one for a mother and clones room and the other for a flowering chamber.As far as lights go you could use flouros for your mother and clones room but youd need a hps(high pressure sodium) light to flower with. A 400 watter would probably be sufficient (depending on closet size) but to maximize yield you may want to give a 1000 watter a try. As for number of plants id say 13 total at a time.1 mother, 4 clones, and 8 flowering. basically youll want to run a cycle. Start by growing four plants and just keep topping them so they develops many tops. after about 2 months youll want to select the largest strongest female for a mother.. whatever other females you have can go into the flowering chamber these will be your first batch.(make sure you dispose of the males properly) Take your mother and make 4 clones off her...let these grow for about a month and then ...off to the flowering room. now as it takes about two months to flower most strains youll need room for 8 (as youll have 2 batches in there at once) in your flowering room so make sure you use the bigger closet for flowering. basically 2 weeks before you move your clones to the flowering room youll want to root your next 4 clones off your mother. basically once a month youll harvest 4 plants and that should give you(strain dependent) between 4 -16 oz each harvest (once a month) hope it helps..

total cost depends on wether your trying to grow hydro or dirt....assuming its dirt
    1000 watt hps with ballast and reflector 300-400 dollars
    rockwool cubes (for cloning) 7 dollars
    4 bulb flouro setup around 100 dollars
    13 pots 25 dollars
    soil 15 dollars
    cloning tray with lid 10 dollars
    nutes around 75 to 100 dollars total
    (youll need a 3 part nutrient pack, some rockwool dip, and some rooting hormone)

approx 657 us dollars

risk depends where you live check www.norml.org for your local drug laws

3. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Great first post my man! Spoken like a man who has done some shopping :)

Be sure to include the monthly electric bill for living expenses -!@#!@#!!

Welcome to the board!
    -B

4. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

If you use 1kw hps for entire grow seeds to harvest you may grow 20 plants in a 5x5' space, I've had a setup like that before and harvested 3-4 times a year:>)

5. JayDoubles

JayDoubles Member

your electric bill wont go up too much....I run a 1000 watt and a 4 bulb floro setup and it ads about 25-35 dollars a month to my normal electric bill.

I agree with you naturalhi i have 30 under a 1kw now but sounds to me the kid is trying to grow the bare minumum to get his 4 oz so as to be a little safer from the law honestly you could get 4 oz or more out of one plant if you tried a little lst...

for more info on lst...http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=6090

and ALWAYS remember the first rule of growing.....

loose lips sink ships....

dont tell ANYBODY and theres really no way to get caught