money so easy you feel guilty for taking it..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippiehillbilly, Jan 17, 2009.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

so i answered a ad on craigslist to take a shed down at a floridians vacation place the deal was for 150 bucks.

when the guy called us he said he would throw in a 25 dollar gift card for gas.. cool beans right?

well we get there this morning and its this dinky lil shed that dismantled in 8 sections. we had it took down and loaded on the truck(he even helped load the truck) in less than a hour.
    while we were there he also threw in a 19 stereo tv,a bunch of copper wire,a heavy duty frying pan and upped the gift card to 50 bucks.
    the shed we just brought home and are going to reassemble it cause there was nothing wrong with it.all together we were there for about a hour..

when he whipped out the 150 bucks cash i felt guilty takin it..lol

bein the good southern gentleman that i am :rolleyes: i told him i felt guilty,waited for him to insist and then when he did, i didnt look a gift horse in the mouth..

needless to say its been a good morning..:p

anyone else feel a little guilty when the money comes to easy??

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

3. nesta

nesta Banned

sometimes, but it depends. there was an instance i felt bad about a way of getting money easily, but rationalized it away.

sounds like you have less to feel guilty about in this case. but why are they just randomly throwing in things like frying pans, tvs and stuff?

4. mamaKCita

and copper wire! don't forget the copper!

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yes...all the time

6. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Yes, my dad is buying me groceries today and I hate that because I've finally almost gotten on my feet to only need a ride to town on weekends and rides to work (well, I don't need them, I can walk, it's just the only way I really get to see my mom anymore) and I haven't needed help with groceries or anything in a couple of months. Now I feel like crap that he's helping me out because my last paycheck was shit due to the holiday hours at work. But I'd be an idiot not to accept, a little help is always nice.

7. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Occasionally, but also being a southern gentlmanly type, I put up just enough resistance to be polite.

If the guy has a vacation home he can afford to be generous. I have a friend in Naples, FL. He puts index cards up in apartment complex and retirement community laundry rooms and bulletin boards advertising himself for handyman work. He has a tool bag, a 49cc scooter, a small cooler and a surf rod. He goes to the Naples or Ft Myers pier at dawn, catches dinner, does a couple jobs on the way home, like replace a cabinet hinge or change the locks on someone's house. He gets home at 2pm with a pompano that will feed two and $200 cash in his pocket. His woman works part-time to pay the rent and utilities.

Thats the life, bro.

8. hippiehillbilly

all the extras were in the shed.. oh and a garden hose..

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

no, i don't

a 5 year old could give me his entire piggy bank and i won't feel bad taking it

10. mamaKCita

sheesh.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

oh yeah....you sure this guy was getting rid of his OWN stuff? :D

12. hippiehillbilly

oh im sure. its was in a gated community with a security guard at the gate..

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

man u know i don't, if it's harder than standing on a ramp or infront of wally all day, cuz u need gas money to get to the next rodeo, than it's worth every minute i get paid to do it... however i haven't flown sign in like 2-3 years now, and right now with the way things are, i don't quite understand how it's working out though, ya know i bet signing ain't near as easy as it once was.

14. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Well look at it like this. Your kinda running lean now, your hard working, you did all that he asked and promptly perhaps this is all those rolled into one you know like karma, god, the universe in balance and ect whatever.

I would have left my name and info with the man and hoped he recomended you to others for future needs. Maybe even run an add in craigslist for odd work?

15. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I don't think I would. The guy set the price, and you were just very efficient in completing the job.

16. hippiehillbilly

yeah he said he was going to keep my number.. the problem with craigslist is its atlantas and there are like 300 people advertising labor in it..
    still,i plan to anyway when the weather breaks,anyone that can still afford their second home will be coming up to get them ready for summer.

17. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

sometimes i feel guilty. it took me a while to get comfortable when people hand me cash tips. but i'm getting much more comfortable with it. :)

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Did you discover the compartment where he secretly stashed the cocaine :eek:

Hotwater

19. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

yes, absolutely.

20. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I hate but love getting tips at work. Because $1 for making a couple of shakes...man, I make $8.25 an hour, which means that $1 would be almost 10 minutes of work...and dude, it doesn't take me 10 minutes to make a shake.