mohawks on girls....

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by FunkyPhreshMama, Dec 2, 2006.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

I hate my hair, it is annoying me. When I cut off my dreads I dyed it lots of times and it was cool, but i dont really wanna dye it any more I just wanna leave it alone and let it grow... I contemplated putting tracks in to make my hair longer becuase it is at this weird stage where i cant do shit with it except this weird emo flippy thing............... So I am thinking tonight I am gonna shave it into a mohawk, maybe keep the bangs so I wont look so dude like...........................

I feel like an ass, I cut my dreads because I needed to find a job, not a mcdonalds job but an office job... was going to look for some customer service bullshit, something that payed good.... well anywhoo once I cut em off, My business picked up and I didnt have to get a job, I can pay the bills by sewing now................ so all in all I cut my dreads for absolutely nothing and now I regret it and I think i want to do something drastic to make myself feel better about cutting them off LOL

anywhoo i dont want any crap about "dreads are a way of life" and how i shouldnt have cut them for a job and blach blah blah...........

Just want your opinions on chicks with hawks

maybe like one of these
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

of course my hair is only like 3 inches long so it wont be so tall!!

2. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i shall reply to my own thread, and ask something else, i couldnt wait for a response last time so i shaved my head LOL

HAHAHA

keep the bangs and wispy side burny thinggies or not??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

Sweet!!! Your kids must think you're the coolest mom ever :D

I definitely think you should keep the bangs/wispy things. Looks wicked. :D

Oh, and I had a mohawk a little over a year ago. :H

4. merrijayne4

merrijayne4 Member

brrr.....looking good but a little chilly.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I like the second pic in your first post, or what you have in the second post... I say go for it, why not?

6. merrijayne4

merrijayne4 Member

what ya useing to keep er up. My friend use to sware by toothpaste. I never did the mohawk. Shaved everything but the crown, and always colors. Lillys new cute looks super cute by the way.

7. Balloonatic

Balloonatic Senior Member

dude i fucken love it!!! lookin good babe :D

8. Mad_Hatterxx

Mad_Hatterxx Member

You look hot with a mohawk! I kinda want one now. I wanted dreads. I wanted to grow out my hair. Now i want a mohawk. amazing. But seriously, it'd look really good with the bangs.

9. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

cool mohawk:) ... may i suggest the next time you get a haircut, you get it cut long and have a beehive

10. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

Fabulous!!! I don't like the bangs, personally I'd lose 'em. But don't listen to the crazy old lady, it's been twenty years since I had a mohawk... :) Mine was really long, and a big pain to spike up straight (used a vacuum cleaner to do it, like that guy in Decline of Western Civilization, I think it was).

11. knitin.chick

knitin.chick Members

Sweet 'hawk. I did mine in the summer and absolutely love it :D

12. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i used got2be freeze spray to spike it.. think im gonna leave the bangs so I have something girly left LOL

had to wear a hat today its freezing

13. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

that's so sad about your dread story, but you look so awesome with just about any hair style. you've done so much with your hair, it just looks awesome. i like the bangs, it gives it a nice lil twist.

14. DaveMooreBlues

DaveMooreBlues Member

You always look great no matter what. I had a mohawk back in my younger days and back then we used Elmers glue to keep them in shape. I love the bangs and the "wispy things" and hope you keep them.... (in the U.K. thats known as a "fringe.")

15. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

woah, looks awesome! i say definitely keep the bangs :D

16. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

WOW! That looks really cool! Definately keep the fringe goin, I agree with you completely that it adds some "girliness." Without them is just a little too punk for me, lol. Great job!
    Man, after seeing your daughter's hair cut and now this, you guys must be a pretty rockin family!

17. amber

amber Member

hot, it'll look even better when the shaved parts grow in a lil' bit like the chick's in the second pic

18. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

keep the bangs.
    Is that your own red?
    I have an almost identical mark on the left side of my neck.. and my red is real.

19. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

here is the finished product, since I am going to grow it all out even eventually I had to get rid of the bang things LOL

[​IMG]

they were annoying, lol

anywhoo once it grows out a few inches I am going to cut the hawk off and just let it go as long as it wants...

my hair was so damaged from dreads and dye that it really really needed to come off, the hawk feels like pine straw and sticks together when it is wet even with conditioner cause i ruined my hair HAHA

nah the red is dye, i think my natural color is dirty blonde havent seen it since the 6th grade, I guess we will all find out in a few weeks once some of it grows in hahahaha

20. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

those are some cool jammies. I liked the bangs, but it looks cool anyway. I think they made it look a bit more feminine.