mmmmmm sandwich!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by nesta, Feb 12, 2009.

1. nesta

nesta Banned

toasted wheat bread, sliced deli chicken breast, bacon, pepperjack, lettuce, tomato, onion, and mustard

mmmm, salty supper :D

2. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

That sounds fabulous. Why not get a bowl of soup to go with it or a small salad!

3. A-Bear's-Vagina

A-Bear's-Vagina 2 Kings Chapter 2 23-24

Today, I made a vegetable stir fry. With tomatoes couliflower, green pepper, onions, and a few other random vegetables I had laying around. I added some red wine vinegar, franks red hot, olive oil, pepper, just a dash of salt, basil, and a a tiny tiny bit of garlic. It was very good.

4. nesta

nesta Banned

they didnt have any salads today, and i have no can opener for the good soup they sell. the ones with pull tops are campbells chicken noodle, which i'm only occasionally in the mood for. i had a little milk and spicy v8 with it, though. and i have snacks for later. an orange, a banana, a cup of vanilla yogurt, and a bowl of raisin bran are all available if i want them.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

FAIL.. Its SAMMICH..

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds good [​IMG]

But my favorite sandwich is hot pastrami on rye with mustard :cheers2:

Hotwater

7. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i had a chef salad today...it was ok...considering the people who made it are mostly scumbags...

8. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

nesta your sandwich sounds amazing, though id personally remove the mustard and bacon...but man if cheese is gonna be on a "sammich" it damn well be pepperjack (for me anyway :D )

9. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Mustard's always good with chicken. I don't like mayonnaise and chicken...it reminds me of tuna salad. Which is weird.

10. jerry420

i dont like mayo on any sandwich...period...

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Not even tuna fish :rolleyes:

Hotwater

12. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

i dont do mustard or mayo ever...not even in tuna...

i like how subway does the oil and vinegar thing so when i make my sandwiches at home i use my italian dressing :D soo good :D

13. jerry420

i dont consider tuna a mere sandwich...but a delight...especially if served on rye:D

any other "sandwich" i will tell you to fuck off...

14. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I only eat real mayonnaise on burgers and chicken fried steak sandwiches. It HAS to be real, not that sweet Miracle Whip shit. I also like jalapeno ranch dressing on...everything. However, I'm already well aware of nesta's feelings on both mayo AND ranch. ;)

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I like mayo on my food.

16. nesta

nesta Banned

i like how this turned from a sandwich thread into a mayonnaise thread.

for the record, i hate mayonnaise, and have only once eaten it and enjoyed it. i dont like miracle whip for that matter, either.

i do like chicken salad, but have found a way to make an extreme variation on it using plain yogurt rather than mayo.

the only time i ever ate mayo and liked it was in a chicken salad my friend made at her old restaurant, and it was pretty amazing. i wouldnt trust any other chicken salad to be as good, though.

and hotwater, pastrami and rye is a great combination, hot or cold. i prefer dark rye. i like mine with that, spicy mustard, tomato, lettuce, dill pickles, and onion if available. cheese is a nice addition...havarti is best, but pepper jack, monterrey jack, colby, or cheddar are all good choices, and so is farmer's cheese. these sandwiches are amazing if you heat the meat and some of the vegetables first and then make the sandwich, brush with olive oil, and toast in the george foreman grill till the cheese is melted. alternatively, it's also made well by wrapping in foil and cooking in the oven. :cheers2:

as for tuna, i can't bring myself to eat canned tuna. from here on out its proper tuna only. last can of tuna i bought contained scales and bones :ack2:

17. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

take out the chicken and the bacon and replace them with a whole bunch of roasted veggies and some avocado.... and that would be a damn TASTY sandwich... (I'd personally ditch the mustard as well...) :)

but, yeah... I guess if I was a meat eater, I'd be stoked on your sandwich, Nesta... :)

18. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

and I officially jumped onto the "hating on mayo" bandwagon a couple months back... just wanted to state that for the record... down with the mayo!

19. lostminty

lostminty Member

Im getting into coconut spread at the moment, on bagels...ah the carb cravings i get on zyprexa SUCK, but its almost as good as being stoned and finding your perfect munchies

20. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

:D:D

My favorite sandwich ever is roasted red pepper, red onion, avocado, lettuce, tomato and Muenster cheese. They make it in the only bagel place in Dominican Republic. I would usually have it on an onion bagel or a focaccia. I think they also use a little olive oil and black pepper.