Mixing Ritalin and Adderall

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Darksanity, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Darksanity

Darksanity Member

I have heard 2 opposite things about mixing Adderall (Amphetamines) and Ritalin (Methylphenidate). One said mixing them would applify the effects because Amphetamines would allow a lot of Dopamine in the brain while Ritalin would block it's reuptake resulting in an huge accumulation. The other said mixing them would cancel the effets because Ritalin would not only block the reuptake of Dopamine but also block the Dopamine from entering... The 1st statement is pretty logical and the 2nd pretty strange but I was still wondering wich was true?

Thank you =)

2. astroneurologist

astroneurologist Member

Hmmm, I doubt they would "cancel", at least not cleanly. Canceling a stimulant is more likely possible from an anti-psychotic, that is antagonistic on DA and 5HT receptors. I digress as I'm not sure exactly what would happen. There are so many variables that it is very difficult to predict. My best guess is that the reuptake blockade of dopamine would be competitive, in the simplest case, this means that the effects would be additive. However, amphetamine also either increases the release of NTs or replaces them in the synapse. So does this mean that coadministration of amph. with ritalin would free up more amph. to increase NT release? Interesting in theory but I'd be very cautious about trying it and be sure to have some Risperidal on hand. If anyone has been brave (stupid?) enough to do this it would be interesting to hear subjective effects and any measured vitals.

3. Darksanity

Darksanity Member

hsince amphetamines lasts longer I was thinking taking 30mg of Adderall orally and 1 to 2 hours after, snorting 20mg of Methylphenidate. I will make a report as soon as I try it. I don't think it could be very dangerous ... taking high doses of Amph or Meth is worst, lol...

4. astroneurologist

astroneurologist Member

I doubt that would kill you. I've taken some methylphenidate at the tail end of Adderall, and it worked, can't say that i got "high", but stimulants never gave me much of a high.

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

it would give you a buzz, take the speed first then the ritalin during

6. Darksanity

Darksanity Member

Ok so I tried it and it actually worked pretty well ;)
    I snorted 20mg of methylphenidate 1½hour after taking 20mg of oral Adderall XR (crushed) and I have to say it's pretty interesting. It totally amplify the effects and I was feeling a rush of euphoria at the beginning and then I did about 5x times more studying than with Adderall or Ritalin alone. It was done fast, easy and correctly... I was having fun studying... Ritalin is very interesting as it acts like cocaine... I wonder how much euphoria you would get if you did some lines of coke at the tail of an amphetamine/meth buzz.........
    Something else interesting with methylphenidate is mixing it with alcohol. Drink some alcohol (not too much... just enough to feel great) and do some lines of methylphenidate... TOTAL EUPHORIA... this must be very nice with cocaine :D

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

well booze and cocaine seem to come hand in hand for many

maybe its caus youve gotta be pissed to fork out all the cash

whatever teh case, phennies are awesome!