mixed races

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Gabrielle, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Gabrielle

Gabrielle Member

I was wondering if there are anyother mixed people on this site and if so what is it. My mum is from Nicarougra and my dad is from England which makes me latino/white, nicalish, and 100% exotic. I always felt that us mixed people where always the best looking

2. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I'm mixed race, half Pakistani, half English. It's hard sometimes, when people try to fit you into their little boxes. I've had racism from white people, and from Pakistanis. But I met a half-Indian man in Bristol once, we shared our experiences of racism, and he told me that we were the future. He's right, we are, it's the only way the world can go, in one world, all peoples together....

3. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

surely thats a bit racist in itself? because your suggesting that mixed race people are more important than anyone of any other race?

yes the world has a future in all peoples together, but that doesnt mean a purely mixed race race.

4. Peace-Phoenix

I'm not saying mixed raced people are more important, only that it's a beautiful trend that people are embracing ethnic diversity. I'm not even talking purely about mixed-race, I'm also talking about mixed culture, shared experiences, people living in harmony together without using the colour of their skins to divide themselves....

5. Peace-Phoenix

Also, all races are mixed. I doubt there's a single 'pure' race on Earth. That's why Nazi propaganda is so ridiculous. Most white people are mixed race in some sense....

6. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Ther's plenty of scientific evidence to support the thoery that the more diverse the genetics the better. It's sort of like inbreeding in reverse.

7. Gabrielle

Gabrielle Member

I never feel fully accepted by either race. I'm never Nicarouguan enough for the Nicarougurans and never English enough for the English. I love both my cultures so I can't decide to be just one of them. But I do love being mixed because I get the best of both worlds.

8. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

hello! everybody is mixed nowdays no one is one pure race. we all are a bunch of mutts. I'm Irish, Italian, and Blackfoot, cherokee Native American. guess what i look like? Blondish brown hair blue eyes and white skin, the only mark left from the italian side is my eyebrows are black and my nose, the only thing left from my native american side is my cheekbones.

Ha the full italians i've met laughed at me like my grandfather used to always say the only thing italian left on you is your nose. I cant even go to a all native american AA meeting without being called"white person" when i have enough in my blood i could walk on the res live there and recieve a monthy check!

anyways i kinda went off. i just think its important for people to know there really is no pure races anymore. thats why alot of races (example native americans) are vanishing. Anyways who really gives a shit, we are all beautiful because of all the mixes throughout our generations.

9. Peace-Phoenix

I don't think inter-marrying is the main cause of the decline of the Native American culture, alas that's due to the beginnings of white American Imperialism. The rest of the world's feeling it now, under Bush....

10. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

Its alot of the cause now. People meet white person fall in love they leave the res and their family and never look back.

If you'd like to go back to the begining though we can:). Native americans were dwindled due to killings put on their people by the "whites" and shoved onto little pieces of land dying of diseases and mistreatment. As you said white American Imperialism, that was just the begining.

I was raised in a country founded on controling and bashing the little guy, and its most definily obvious it still happens (bush)....

It's funny i was thinking about it,from my fathers side im only a third generation in America(from the italian side), but from my mothers side i've been here forever(the native american).... i just found that interesting...

sorry i got slightly off topic..

11. Loki84

Loki84 Member

You got my vote there! That's why I don't understand the whole racist movement who say that you should only reproduce with someone of your same race. Many people of a mixed race look beautiful.

i'm not mixed race myself, but I definitely think that as a human race, we categorise ourselves into races way too easily. When I fill out forms which ask for my race, and i'm given a lot of choices, i feel like putting "Human" in the "other" area. I'm not a member of the caucasian race, neither is anyone else. And there aren't any members of the black race, the asian race, or any other race. There's just one big race called the human race. And mixed race people serve to show that there isn't really a distinction between races, just that it's a silly social construct.

12. Aroha

Aroha Member

Well I don't qualify here at all! My ancestor are 100% Finnish, I mean every one of them! I know my family tree all the way back to the 15th century - all Finnish... I understand it, the language barrier isn't easy to overcome, but still, I'm sure I have every genetical disease Finns can have!

13. COBALT_Blue

COBALT_Blue Member

My kids are the product of a mixed marriage. One day they will decide what religion they will want to be and which country they will choose to belong. For now its playstation and school...

14. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Im part polish, part french, part welsh and english.... go me :D