mixed girls

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by JavaJade, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

That i it's self tells you it's not race or color. Because some middle easterners are light and the race on them is White. (You can feel free to look it up if you wish.) Indians, on the other hand have a hard time in the UK while Blacks are widely accepted. I think it's what people are use to that makes them act that way. If you grow up with certain people and they do what you do then you don't feel different; it's only when you are newly exposed or have been mistreated by them that there is a problem. That's just my opinion

2. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Immigration? Is that the problem? Yes, it's true what you say. But how on earth can you expect an immigrant or a person strong in their background to completely forsake their roots merely because they are in a different country? - so that they AREN'T "a problem", as you so succintly put.

Are you also trying to say that a group of people entering another country's culture and customs, being rejected by the country as a group for having different customs, languages, looks, is NOT racist??

Regardless of whether they look white, or some adamant physical anthropologists or genetists want to say they are "white", a woman wearing a burka is NOT white, and a man with dark features and a wife with a burka who goes to mosque or speaks a different language, refusing to learn French or Dutch, is a plain outsider (to many from the region I brought up in the previous post). As a result, they are treated as such. The Europeans argue that they must be forced to assimilate, speak the language and forsake their religious items. By not doing so they are penalized. Is this reasonable or not? It's up to the individual to decide.

I understand you're hinting that religion is the issue here, not race or colour. Yet is an attack on culture, also not an attack on one's entire background, one's colour, one's religion a whole group of people, a set of traits or traditions inherent to a group of people? And if not an attack, what then of an outright rejection with repercussions and laws against another group's expression of their culture (different from the majority)?

Again, this is not racist? I beg to differ. Drastically.

3. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

Dogs are included, but its people too.

4. Bellfire01

I don't feel that way and that's why I have so much fun with this subject. It's all subjective. Incidentally it's not anthropology that says that Arabs are white it's region and census bureau.

5. Bellfire01

Arab Americans, and Berber Americans
    As with European Jews, and Eastern Europeans described in the prior paragraph, who were not accepted as White in some instances in the past but are considered White by the U.S. government today, U.S. federal agencies agree that Middle Easterners are White. EEOC regulations explicitly define White as "peoples of Europe, North Africa, or the Middle East," and the Census Bureau's decennial form offers no check-box for such a self-identity under the "race" question. See Haney-Lopez (1996) for a comprehensive list of U.S. Supreme Court decisions that repeatedly reversed prior U.S. Supreme Court decisions (back and forth many times) regarding whether or not Afganis, Syrians, Asian Indians, and Arabians are White.[12]

In the American context, where Middle Easterners and North Africans are grouped as White by government agencies, the popular contention of excluding these caucasoid groups of North Africa and the Middle East from the White label has sometimes been based on the argument that there is a significant sub-Saharan component in their populations [5] - a long-spanning presence throughout the history of that largely contiguous region - but even more on their disparate cultural, religious, linguistic heritage and ancestral origins. While it is undeniable that many Arabs in North Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, etc) and the Arabian Peninsula (Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, etc.) have enough black African ancestry or are dark enough—at times being as dark-complexioned as some African Americans—to be considered black by popular U.S. standards, some may also be lighter-complexioned by comparison, comparable to Southern Europeans. While it is undeniable that many Arabs in North Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, etc) and the Arabian Peninsula (Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, etc.) have enough black African ancestry or are dark enough—at times being as dark-complexioned as some African Americans—to be considered black by popular U.S. standards, some may also be lighter-complexioned by comparison, comparable to Southern Europeans. And although some Arabs of the Levant (Syria, Lebanon, Israel/Palestine, Jordan, etc.) may also be as dark as those found in North Africa and the Arabian Peninsula, here, many more are lighter-complexioned. A tiny percentage throughout the entire region (North Africa, Arabian Peninsula and the Levant) may even resemble Northern Europeans.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

6. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Thanks for the info but did you read my first post? I was addressing the Europeans. Not the Americans.

7. Bellfire01

Yeah but this pertains to people that live in the middle east as well as the foreign born ones.

8. physics

physics Member

Well I am white, and I have no problem recognizing how sexy you are! [​IMG]

9. physics

physics Member

Physical attraction is undeniable regardgless of color.