Missing Potential

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by anotherpsycho, Jan 17, 2009.

1. anotherpsycho

anotherpsycho Member

hey guys,

not sure if there is a new members forum or not, but Im new here. just started tripping recently, only done it a couple of times so far, each dose a little more than before.

the first time I went to a theme park which was insane. I was baked as well, so could barely function. I had to catch a train, a bus, buy food and it was all just too much. but the fun started when I got home. I sat down and listened to music while watching the itunes visualizer. anyone else found this to be good?

the other couple of times, I havent experience anything crazy. there's the usual altered perceptions and senses, and some visuals, occasionally getting intense, but nothing like an out of body experience or a trip to a completely different reality. Ive read heaps about spiritual experiences when people trip, and really want to have one, Im just not sure how.

when I trip with my mate, we set the house up to be really comfortable - lots of fruit and juice in the fridge, a pillow pit in the lounge room for movies, and a playstation in another room. upstairs is my computer with the internet and music etc. that pretty much sums up where I trip.

is there something else I should be doing? I have so many things I want to try while tripping, like going for a walk, or swim, or going to an art gallery, but I guess what I really want is to have a spiritual experience. Im something of a philosopher and am open to almost anything. I to think lots and really enjoy the mood Im in when I trip. every time I trip, I meditate for about 10 mins, just to clear my mind. not proper buddhist meditation, but closing my eyes, clearing my mind and focusing my breathing.

so yeah, only tripped a few times, but just wondering on some more amazing things to do.

any ideas?

2. astronomydomine89

astronomydomine89 Member

From my own fairly limited experience with acid, I’d say make sure you have a comfortable safe environment, and are in the right frame of mind. I like to go outside, in the day time, and just immerse myself in nature, or “the Gaian mind“ or whatever. For a truly amazing experience I would say just take a slightly larger dose. Then it’ll wash over you like a tsunami. The less stimulated you are from the outside world the easier it is to focus on the actual drug itself, so I’ve found it best to spend a part of my trip in a dark, quiet room, and just turn my attention “in“. If the dose is strong enough, there's no way in hell you‘ll be bored. But I totally recommend drawing and coloring. Writing is always very difficult for me when I’m on acid, and I always feel a drive to bring back some piece of that mysterious puzzle. Good luck, and have a safe trip!! :)

“To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.”
    - William Blake

3. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

if you really want have a spiritual expierience when tripping then cultivate spirituality when your not tripping. and eliminate distractions when you are. forget about your playstation and movies and pillow pit, i cant think of anything more distracting then technology. whether tripping or not, its artificial....we are biological beings. in the comfy tech world its easy for us to forget the basics, i see this happening on a large scale. humanity is transforming into somthing that is alien to itself. we dont even know who we are and we´v forgotten that we dont know who we are in the process of chasing comfort. why are we so uncomfortable? perhaps its because we dont know who we are...

4. nick16

nick16 Member

go play lazer tag or cosmic bowling or neon put put there all amazing i think lazer tag is the best though but put put comes pretty close

5. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

try being uncomfortable for a trip....you learn alot about yourself that way. lol

6. eskimoblueday

eskimoblueday Member

I have never tripped inside, I have tried and it felt far more artificial, worrying and dull. Get outside, the beach after dark is lovely, as are forests.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

I have found the intensity comes on more at home.. I traveled with the grateful dead. And at many times I didnt even get off that much till I got home. The Dead Scene makes the Acid Seem natural..
    After coming home, the walls are closing in, boredom, no people, closer things to visualize on, your own enviroment..
    Was that what you asked OP?

8. anotherpsycho

anotherpsycho Member

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I guess I just found all those things fun. But next time, I'll be sure to take the distractions away and see how that goes. I've heard about people having out of body trips when they listen to shaman drumming, anyone experience this?

I really want to try the forest idea. I suppose its a matter of finding a good forest near where I live, or better yet, going camping and being in nature from start to finish.

9. neim

neim Member

hi there.

we all here talk from OUR experience, so feel free to make your OWN setting and share it.

giving your description of yourself (this is the first thing to let go lol), i recommend going for a walk to a green place (park-like) where there's no evidence of civilization, and spend your entire trip there.

imo, this contrast will give you enough perspective, philosopher.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

OP... where did you hear that spirituality could be found in technology and the comforts of home?

go out and explore the universe that brought you into being. feel the helplessness of being a sack of flesh with an internal skeleton. See patterns in the arrangement of rocks and plants that make you question how you previously saw the earth. You need to show your brain things for it to start asking questions.

the drug does not give you spirituality. it puts your brain in a mode that is receptive for that sort of mindset.
    you still gotta put stuff in front of you.

avoid 2d screens placed a distance from your face, and sound that comes from several unmoving sources. instead, drop yourself from the pippette into the ocean
    by the time you are back at shore, you will surely have picked up some potential wisdom on the way..

11. prismatism

prismatism loves you

Take more. That's it. That's all you have to do.

I don't believe that you need to be in a certain environment to have a spiritual experience. EVERY experience is a spiritual experience. You just have to get it. It just has to click for you to see it. You can have a spiritual epiphany washing dishes or sitting on the toilet. Nature is beautiful, but technology is a part of nature. If you haven't seen "real" nature in a while, you should, whether you're tripping or not, but technology is just as magical and personal and divine. It's the novelty of the experience that helps to shake up your mind. Depending on how closely you're paying attention, there could be an infinite amount of novelty in your bedroom that you never noticed.

I think that maybe the higher the dose, the less external novelty you need. It will show you things without your having to look for them. So if you want to keep taking light doses, go out in the woods next time. If you're going to take a high dose, it doesn't really matter. Except that nature is usually healthier, and it's something a lot of people are afraid of, which can make immersing yourself in it very profound.

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

I agree a lot, prismatism. but I think the spritual side to 'anything' is not going to jump out at someone who claims to never have felt a spiritual experience.
    Even if I would agree that there is potential for spiritual discovery in any place, even a comfortable home with technology in it, I disagree that anyone can just find it there.

this person has not been game enough to get out of the house, and has not had any significant experience so far. I dont think taking more and more drugs will just suddenly open up their mind to something completely revolutionary. that is, compared to also exploring the universe

13. prismatism

prismatism loves you

I think it's like a crossfader. On the right is your setting, and on the left is your dose. If your setting is 100%, you don't need any of the psychedelic to get it. If your dose is 100%, you could be anywhere in the universe and it wouldn't matter. Then there's all the space in between... 70% setting, 30% dose, 50/50, 20/80, whatever. But, man, 100% is hard to achieve. 100% of the right setting is hard because, how do you know exactly what that means? And 100% of the right dose is hard because it can be truly frightening and intimidating to lose all control.

Of course you can always keep the crossfader in the center and control the volume of each manually. There's more freedom, but there's more possibility of screwing it all up. If you can follow this analogy :p.

14. Lavoe

Lavoe Member

I have found in my personal experience with psychedelics that there is a difference between having a largely philosophical experience and a spiritual one. The most spiritual experiences I have had involved mostly remaining still and concentrating on going deeper into the psychedelic world and concentrating on simply BEING. Existing in the moment. I have found that by being, one is able to connect with a more spiritual higher consciousness. I have found that I am able to philosophize more when I am actually interacting with people and noting what they are doing and why they are doing it. This has led me to different theories regarding egoism and such.

As far as setting goes, I feel that nature is definitely a more spiritual place to trip, there's nothing quite like meditating in the still of pure wonder.

15. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

absolutely I can't just sit indoors and trip. For me I need to be outside hiking or working or doing something physical. I stop for rests and reflection when I have a smoke pipe break. :sifone:

16. anotherpsycho

anotherpsycho Member

Wow, some of this advice is amazing. It makes sense, and I'll be definitely trying it soon. Been out of a job and cash so haven't been able to trip for a little while, but I'll be on again soon.

I like the chilled out, relaxed, experiences on lsd with video games, and I don't think I'll abandon them, but I think I'm gonna have to start exploring other avenues to learn. To attain a balance.

I somehow thought there was something special that you had to do, but now after your advice and some good 'ol common sense, I understand. When I do it, I'll be back here to share it.

17. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

be ready to die, so much that your whole being screams it to the lsd presence

and it will see you are honest, and ready

for the show

anything short of that level of commitment and level of purpose will simply be a lesser trip imo

just dive right into the deep end

18. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

if you fully immerse yourself, there will be no finish. i remember my first trip was outdoors and it was enormously spiritual and the trip never really ended because I am the trip.

It's hard to say how to make it spiritual. it's not so much what you do it's what you let have done to you, how much of yourself you can let go of. be calm and reduce thoughts for a week before the trip. rather than thinking of what to do to engage the energy, just watch it dissect you. also take a large dose.