missed period... im freaking out..

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by peacelovebarefeet, Jan 1, 2005.

1. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

alright here's the dealio... i normally get my period RIGHT at the end of the month.. the second to last day or the last day... wellllll... this month... i havent gotten it... so im scared something's wrong... but it IS only the first of jan.. so what do you guys think? am i freaking out unessasarryly? (yeah i cant spell)
    oh yeah.. and i havent had sex or anything.. im a vigin! i am 16 so maybe its just like my hormones and stoof?? im so confused! hit me back guys! thank ya!

2. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

I really wouldnt worry..it is still very early, it really seems to me like a pretty safe situation...perhaps if it doesnt show up in a of couple days, seeing a doctor might make you feel better and make certain everything is in working order...but in the meantime, dont worry:)

3. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

well if you have not had sex .....then the main reason of worring if you miss your peroid is not there(preggo)....so relax .... give it some it ...the human body does not run like a clock.

4. RyvreWillow

RyvreWillow Member

*hugs* This happens to all of us from time to time; hehe, count yourself lucky there is no worry about pregnancy yet, because that's what causes most of us even more stress, lol, i can't even count how many times i worked myself into a panic over that--i love my babies, but they liked to surprise me, hahahahaha.

5. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

if you're still a virgin, I highly doubt you're pregnant hon. It's probably just a little late, and your stress about the situation is making it later yet. Sometimes women can skip a period entirely if they've been exercising or dieting far far far more heavily than what they normally do, so that might be a factor.

Don't stress too much about it. If it isn't there next month either, go see a doc.

6. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

there's a book i'd like to recommend to you, it's called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It'll teach you all kinds of neat things about your body that every woman should know.

7. lynsey

lynsey Banned

don't worry about it. I used to freak before I started having sex that somehow I was pregnant, it's really unlikely-like 1 in a million you can get pregnant without intercourse.

8. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Look babe i skip whole months entirely sometimes, For a start your 16 so your still in Puberty (hard to understand considering its usualy stars so young but heck im still growing and my bodies adjusting and i started puberty at 11)
    The more you worry the later it will be, Relax and enjoy the freedom for a few more days :p

9. peacelovebarefeet

lol THANKS GUYS!!

it wasnt that i was worried i was pregnant.. it was more like.. holy shit whats going on with my body!

it still hasnt come, but at least i have some reassurance!

10. peacelovebarefeet

hey i think its coming... lol that sounds funny cause i normally HATE it coming.. but i have really bad backache at the moment.. and that usually means its gunna be here soon! (i would type yay! but who would ACTUALLY type yay for a period?)

11. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

me!

:D

i have pcos, and it can wreak havoc on my cycles. i've skipped periods before and it's not much fun. and even when my cycles are regular i can have really heavy endometrial shedding. so for me, a normal cycle is cause for celebration. :D

12. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Christmas stress can mess up your cycle. You will probably get it soon. Some womyn skip months once in a while. It is totally normal, and as long as the next period is normal (not too much bleeding or cramping) there is nothing to worry about.

If you start skipping months a lot, see a doctor, preferable an OBGYN.

You will probably start soon. Most of us have been through what you are going through. Sometimes the cramps are a little worse when it is late, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Blessings.

13. peacelovebarefeet

well then i take it back!!! what excately is pcos anyways??

welllll my period came! so thats good.. but do you guys think that i was just late in getting my period and now ill still get them at the end of the month? or do you think its switched for some reason to the beginning?? just wondering and thanks again!

14. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

pcos=polycystic ovarian syndrome.

one in 10 women have it but many dont know that they have it because a lot of doctors dont understand pcos and misdiagnose a lot of women.

this link gives a decent explanation of what pcos is http://www.pcosupport.org/medical/whatis.php