Minorities in america are under attack.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by barefooted_in_iowa, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barefooted_in_iowa

barefooted_in_iowa Member

Minorities in america are under attack.

Kia Ora(hello)! Before I start, let me say that this thread is only for responsible individuals to share their views in a constructive, professional, and neighborly way. :)

My big question if you are an anglo is do you fear becoming the minority in america? I would say that a sizable portion of anglos either secretly and sometimes overtly fear this happening. I contend that the anglo strategy to avoid becoming the minority, and if (but more like WHEN) they do become the minority, to avoid being treated as such consists of a variety of nefarious and irresponsible tactics.

It is obvious that the anglo is seeking to demonize non anglos in america, and around the world. I see an effort to demonize the Chinese by highlighting their "disregard" towards the environment (post climate change summit), Chinese Government policies (censorship, Taiwan, monetary policies, trade policies), human rights (as if america has any credibility to speak on this topic), and any other issue which Chinese leadership will not kowtow to america. I see an effort to demonize Middle Easterners by associating the group in general with terrorism and fanatical Islam. The effort to demonize Mexicans typically follows the predictable "they take our jobs and commit crimes" script. Finally, Blacks are demonized as being unintelligent, criminals, thugs, and "up to no goods".

To me the signs are clear. The anglo has his back against the wall, and he is afraid of receiving the same equality that he has dealt out for so long. Sensing this, the anglo's first response is to demonize. Make "them" out to be the enemy. While this is going on, the anglo will seek to maintain control by either "lock'n em up" or "roundin' em up" for deportation. I feel deeply saddened by the fact that hard working, law abiding Hispanics are being racially profiled, particularly in arizona. The typical law abiding anglo has no idea what it is like to be singled out and suspected of evil based solely on race. However, I have, on more than one unfortunate occasion had racist police officers follow me around and harass me for driving while Black. This is a grave insult to me being that I never committed a crime in my life. I have had my car searched for drugs, and I have never even experimented with any drug in my life. I can only imagine the horror and indignity that the hard working, law abiding Hispanics of arizona must also feel. But like I previously stated, minorities are under attack, and it is important that the anglo at least attempt to demonize, locked up, or deport minorities to retain their advantage.

Anglos, I invite you to share your views on this topic. Tell me how things are seen from the anglo perspective. I must go now, but I welcome responsible and neighborly discussion.

Cheers!

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

3. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I don't think it'd be the Anglos specifically, anglo generally refers to the English. The English are the 3rd larges white ancestry after the Germans and Irish, with Italians bringing up the rear.

4. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

I think you're giving them more credit than they deserve. Most white racists really think they are superior. While I don't think there is an active campaign to "demonize" other races for any reason other than arrogance, I do think many of them fear being a minority and getting the same ass kickin they've been giving out for hundreds of years.

Racism in America is institutionalized, meaning it is not a conscious decision to be racist. These whites really do think other races are inferior because that's all they've heard all of their lives. You get pulled over and searched because that cop really believes you are a drug dealer, all blacks are drug dealers and pimps. He probably grew up in a white neighborhood with only white friends and learned how to be what he is from his culture. He is not acting out as part of a conspiracy, he's acting as an individual.

As for the Arizona law, it's more political divisiveness than racist in origin. This is a Tea Party ploy to "rally the troops," so to speak, and use the fear of economic disaster, job loss, false patriotism and racism for political gain, and it's working. Politicians have been playing on the fears of voters since there have been politicians.

I'm not trying to discount the effects of racism or make any excuses for racists, or even say that some whites don't fear becoming a minority, I just don't see a conspiracy by whites to demonize all other races. I do, however, see a political conspiracy to use fear as a tool for gaining political power.

5. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

I think that there is a little racist inside many people. Some of the most racist people I've met were minorities. Cubans, Blacks and Haitians. Saying that I can't say that I have much of a racial tendency. I don't care what race you are, I care what you can do and what you have done. I don't treat customers differently based on race or status. Many of my latin customers are STACKED!! Many are maids and housekeepers and gardeners, etc. I do have a priority for who I date, however. And I think people should date within their race to maintain their originality. Yeah, I know some of you are laughing because you think that this backs up your argument about my racism. But, we are all unique, and we are all beautiful, and I think we should preserve that. So, when I get married, I'm going to find myself a white girl, hopefully with red or blonde hair, and make two or three little blonde kids.

We aren't going to be the minority anytime in my lifetime. I'm a minority in the city where I grew up, where my parents still live, Miami. I'm especially a minority when the cubans hear me open my mouth and start speaking Spanish. I love it; blond hair, blue eyes and spitting Spanish like a Cuban.

But, yes, minorities are under attack, and it's all a numbers game. Look at the percentages. It's a damn shame for the cops to racially profile someone, and I'm sorry that had to happen to you, but the cops aren't going to find anything pulling over an old lady, and they very well may get something by pulling over a young man. That's just a fact. And a young man of one of the minorities increases the cop's chances of getting something. It's just a numbers game. More terrorists are middle easterners than any other race (or whatever), just a fact. More thieves are latin or black than white, just look at the numbers. I can't speak for anyone else, but I definitely don't demonize anyone else just for their race. Only for what they can do, or what they have done

So, is whitey scared? This one ain't. Is it a damn shame and a hassle for the latins and the blacks, well, yeah. And for that I'm sorry. But the cops are going to lie and cheat and that just means you have to be extra careful.

And why did you let the cops search your car? They never get to search mine, I've been asked 3 times.

6. lines

lines Member

Well obviously by anglo you mean white, Im not comfortable with the term anglo because specifically it means english but you obviously mean white and many people in america use the term to mean white person.

I'm a white guy and tgo be honest I do feel as though white people are being discriminated against through affirmative action. Also I notice that people in entertainment can use antiwhite slurs freely but they cant use slurs that refer to non-white people.

I am very uncomfortable with people accusing whites of having white privilege. It doesnt matter whether white privilege is true or not because one of the things that the nazi party talked about was jewish privilege. Jews were portrayed by the nazis as a privileged people and this got the germans jealous. And so I worry that talk of white privilege can lead to a genocide of whites if whites become a minority in America. So I am against talk of white privilege. If genocide was committed against whites then jews would be killed too because even though many jews dont identify as white they are seen as white by people of color.

So i am very scared about white people becoming a minority especially because people feel free to say bad things about white people and people feel free to discriminate against white people when it comes to employment and education. If that discrimination and verbal attacks continue if whites become a minority I worry it could lead to pogroms(attacks by citizens against an ethnic minority that result in slaughter and expulsion) against white people.

7. TheMadcapSyd

:rolleyes:

Should Italians not date Norwegians?

8. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

I am an American-born person of Irish and Hungarian descent. I am not an Anglo, but I do have white skin. Your hypothesis is not true in my mind. You do hear that today's ethnic minorities will become a larger population than whites (b/c by minority i assume you mean people that are historically discriminated against, but not including women as we are the majority). However this is only because ethnic minorities tend to be poorer than whites, and thus have more children. Look at any wealthy country today and you will see the birthrates drop as they got richer.

The whole "wahhhh affirmative action is reverse discrimination" argument is so played out. I would be willing to bet that many whites have not been personally affected by affirmative action.

plus:
    A study conducted at the University of Chicago in 2003 found that people with "black-sounding" names such as Lakisha and Jamal are 50 percent less likely to be interviewed for a job compared to people with "white-sounding" names such as Emily or Greg

So, it's still necessary.

Po po white man

9. lines

lines Member

Affirmative action should be based on economic situation and not race, why should a rich black person be shown preference over a poor white person?

10. vigilanteherbalist2

Affirmative action isn't just for blacks. poor whites also get points added to their applications in colleges and universities (which is where most aa takes place)

11. lines

lines Member

But people of color get more points and so being poor and white is still a disadvantage. so why include race at all? Its economic factors that are significant.

12. vigilanteherbalist2

how do you know they get more points?

13. creedlespeek

creedlespeek Member

I'm white, and no, I don't have this fear. However, it does grind my gears you seem to INSIST white = anglo. I'm not English. I'm white, but my background is a mixed American heritage on my father's, and German on my mother's. It would be like if I kept insisting you were Cameroonian.

Not all white people (or even all the English) think that way. Those people are increasingly in the minority. The problem is someone always wants to feel like there's a racial group responsible for "their own people's" lack of success. The playing field isn't level, but saying that "the anglo is trying to ___" as though caucasians are all some part of the Borg is like saying, "Very clearly, the ****** is a thief!" to people of color. It's irritating you were either seeking a reaction by trolling or so blind you actually believed what you wrote.

14. lines

lines Member

My Uncle is a professor

15. vigilanteherbalist2

I tricked you, strict point systems are unconstitutional. Besides, many colleges and unis use the economic system now.

16. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

Well actually whites are the minority in california. 60% of california population is hispanic. and im not racist but yes it sucks really bad and im going to move when I can. i live in southern california which is the worst part. the reason i dislike it so much is a lot of mexican have a big brown pride movement going. and most of the mexicans here are racist towards whites especially and also blacks. most mexicans here have an attitude that they are better than everyone else and trust me they make it very clear.

and most mexican teenagers are anything but nice and peaceful chill people. most mexican teenagers have a rotten attitude and try and act all tough and bad ass. and most of the mexican teenager think it's cool to be like a gang and dress up like a gang and tag up everywhere and jump people. and I live in a suburb and we had no crime at all 10 years ago and as more and more mexicans moved here burglaries,car thefts, assaults, stabbings, and shootings have increased SO MUCH!

it's like WTF! they come to our country and then say fuck america and fly their mexican flags in our neighbor hoods too? they should be thankful for what our country offers yet they abuse it. plus they have a million babies. theres a house down the street with like 30 mexicans living in a 3 bedroom house and they blast LOUD mexican music all day long and play the same CD over and over and over again.

in my opinion mexicans are the worst people that came to this country.

since I said that though i'll say who the best people that came to this country are.

they are asians. most asians show respect and are very nice. and they almost always have obedient children who work hard.

while most mexicans on the other hand are disrespecful rotten and almost always have lazy children who join gangs.

and this whole article is not racist at all because it's the truth 100% and remember I always said MOST not ALL but trust me for every good mexican theres 10 bad ones at least around here.

17. barefooted_in_iowa

barefooted_in_iowa Member

Holy buckets. Lots of interesting replies. Please allow me some time to read and analyze them all, but they are very informative. Also, thank everyone for being neighborly in this discussion.

Cheers!

18. TheMadcapSyd

If you replace Mexican with whites in that combined with any poor area, it's just as true.

Also Hispanic isn't a racial group, it's an ethnic group, many Mexicans are white.

19. lines

lines Member

@OP

with my post I wasnt trying to imply that certain whites arent racist towards non-whites, but even though there are whites who are racist I am still concerned about racism against white people and I dont know how whites will be treates if whites become a minority

20. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

After what whites have done to peoples in N. America, S. America, Africa, Australia, and countless islands, I'd be worried, too, if I was white. If I were you, I'd start kissing some brown, red, and black asses, you're gonna need some friends when they get control and want some revenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.