Minor problem, but still a problem.

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by spirit of the night, Feb 20, 2008.

1. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

Welcome and Enjoy! :D

Old thread.....

Ok, so I have been single for about 2 years now, and yes I am "only" 16, but I don't really believe in age, for me its just a number that limits you.

I think I am quite attractive but I really don't think other people see me that way.

I am shy, unconfident and self conscious.

Don't worry I am not compliment fishing or looking for a shoulder to cry on :p

My "problem" is that dispite being scared of meeting people or thinking that they would never even look at me in that way, I really want to meet someone, serious or not, it doesnt matter right now.

I am sick of jokey breast touching when drunk, nothing more.

I just want to know if someone has the same problems and have any ideas on how to solve them.

Now, I do know what the other problem is, its that I never get the chance to meet any bisexual or lesbian girls, but even if I did I would still have my doubts about myself and how I look to other people.

Once I tried going to a lesbian youth group, but it did not work :p

Anyway, thanks for reading :)

blessings
    xxx
    xx
    x

2. MollyBoston

MollyBoston Fluffer

How come the youth group didn't work?

Sorry it's so hard to find a good girlfriend...I know it's incredibly hard to be gay and in high school.

Are there queer events in London? Shows, festivals, that kind of thing? I know that's not the full problem - once you're at them, you still have to find the courage to go up and meet people there - but at least you'd be with tons of other shy gay kids there. :)

I don't know, I don't have any real good advice for you - I mostly just wanted to give you an internet hug and hope you find someone.

3. spirit of the night

thank you so much Molly :) thats really sweet of you.

the youth group did not really work because it was run badly and again, the shyness.

i actually learn at home so thats another reason why its hard.

BUT i am off to a lesbian bar tomorrow, so we shall see :p

thanks again :)

have you found someone special?

blessings
    xxx
    xx
    x

4. GoogleIsMyGod

GoogleIsMyGod Member

Honey, I'm in the same boat. 18. College. You'd think it would be easier, but, there are 50 million gay men and about 5 lesbians, so it's a bit of a challenge. If you have any answers, let me know.

5. spirit of the night

wow, i find it so weird that there are so many single women who want to be with someone, and yet they dont find each other.

the only "answer" i have is to go to a lesbian bar, i went to one on friday and i kissed this girl, it didnt lead anywhere, but if it was the right person it could have.

hope you find someone soon :)

blessings
    xxx
    xx
    x

6. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

I think the thing is to go to as many events as you can and get acquainted with as many people as you can. Not to find a relationship, but to just meet other people in the same boat. :)

7. spirit of the night

i need a circle of lesbian friends don't i :p

xxx

8. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

Don't we all? :)

9. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I haven't found a lady yet either. :( But I'm still young. Agreed, Bocks. ^^

10. Wandering_Soul

Wandering_Soul Member

^ hey i got the same sn! :& I'm so sorry. lol. I wonder if mine can be switched...I didn't know someone else had the same one. *hides in sheer embarrasment*

As for finding a gf...yeah, i know what ya'll mean about needing a "circle of lesbian friends". I don't know anyone else who is lesbian or bi! I mean, sure online I know tons and I'm totally out and whatnot...but in everyday life. Where are the lesbians hiding anyways? God that sounded cheesy. :p

11. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

No it didn't! Lesbians are crafty creatures. They're the ones who NOBODY could find during Hide and Seek as children. They're the ones that people just gave up on and left hiding for hours. :)

12. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

molly, you're always so sweet and encouraging! :)

spirit, big internet hug. i know it's hard sometimes. i'm actually having a hard time with this for the first time in my life... and it's really wierd. of course, i have some other complicating situations, but really... it's all the same anyway. we're all out there looking for people we click with, for a minute, for a week, for a lifetime... however it ends up being. we as human beings just want to find love, and to love, and to be in love, however that looks to us.

just don't give up on it though... i consider myself very shy (i know i don't seem it, posting all over the place on the internet, posting up naked pics and all that lol), i have a hard time making new friends, and i get really tongue tied and nervous when meeting new people. and i'm getting ready to move, and that means more new people, and i'm terrified. but the thing is, i'm excited too.

life is always waiting to hand you something really great... just keep your eyes open, keep moving forward, and something great will fall in your lap. and for your sake, let's hope it has nice firm tits, a warm wet mouth, and a warm wet vagina... lol! i really need to go to bed now... i'm delirious!

13. spirit of the night

lolll! brilliant :)

its a new year and a new life for you, im sure it will take time to adjust, but once you do, it will be wonderful :) massive hug to you too.

thank you for your kind and raunchy words :p

none of us will be single forever, just think of it like that i guess.

and smile, its nearly spring! :D

blessings
    xxx
    xx
    x

14. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

It's autumn in my part of the world, so double :D!

15. spirit of the night

i loooove the seasons, each one has such beauty and magic.

enjoy the autumn then :)

xxx

16. MollyBoston

MollyBoston Fluffer

Where do you live, Bocks? I always pictured you somewhere like...Illinois.

I like all the seasons for a while, but here in Boston winter lasts about a million years. I'm definitely ready for spring.

Nakedtreehugger, I'm only sweet and encouraging because I'm following your example. :)

17. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

Ooooh, flirty flirty! :p ^

I live in New Zealand :p. Not quite Illinois, haha. But I can safely say that winter lasts forever here too.

18. MollyBoston

MollyBoston Fluffer

Shit, really? That's awesome! I mean, it's probably boring for you and you probably wish you were somewhere interesting like Illinois, but it's staggeringly awesome to me. Were you born there? Whereabouts in New Zealand are you? Can I come to visit on my way to Thailand to hang out with Red?

19. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

Haha, yeah, we should have an international HipForums party together!

You're right, I thought it'd be exotic when I moved back, but I was much mistaken. It's quaint and lovely, etc., but I'm about ready to move on to more exciting places. Still, apparently it makes for a GREAT vacation spot. :p

I'm in the North Island, and yep I was born here, but I lived outside of the country for a hell of a chunk of my childhood.

20. MollyBoston

MollyBoston Fluffer

We can hang out with Rock Hard in Australia too! (Although he'll spend the whole time trying to get us to make out with each other while he watches.)

Well, sorry it didn't turn out as exotic as you were hoping. Where do you think about moving on to?

Sorry we're derailing this thread.