Mineral Make Up?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by CommonDaisy, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CommonDaisy

CommonDaisy Member

Does anyone where mineral make up??

I've been looking for a good brand for a while now, but with no luck. I've noticed some of the big brand names have mineral lines, but notice they like to sneak unknown chemicals in. I've also bought samples on Etsy, but nothing I like yet.

Any ideas?

2. rougerebelle

rougerebelle Member

Have you looked at Bare Minerals?

3. CommonDaisy

CommonDaisy Member

I have heard of.. but haven't seen it around anywhere, I don't know if that because I'm in Canada? Although, I think one of the malls opened a Sephora? Would they carry it? I don't wear a lot of make up, so I don't know much about these stores, but I would like a few good products.

4. rougerebelle

rougerebelle Member

Sephora should carry it! It is free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals and phthalates and is meant to be ''so pure you can sleep in it'' :)

5. CommonDaisy

CommonDaisy Member

Oooh! That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! I should be able to purchase somewhere online too, I would assume?

6. rougerebelle

rougerebelle Member

Yep, just google bare minerals and you should find somewhere. The Sephora website has it too :)

7. CommonDaisy

CommonDaisy Member

Ooh yeah, I googled and the first site that came up for Canada was the Sephora website. They have soo many colour options!! I think I will have to go to the store to make sure it's the right colour.. although I usually just get the palest one. lol

What's the coverage like?

8. rougerebelle

rougerebelle Member

The coverage is build-able so it all depends on how much you put on :)

9. CommonDaisy

CommonDaisy Member

That's what I had heard about mineral make up, which is perfect, sometime just a sheer amount will do it.. other times, not so much!

Do you use a moisturizer with it?

10. rougerebelle

rougerebelle Member

I definitely would :)

11. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

L'Oreal also used to do an excellent one when I used to work for them. But you are right, they will be sneaking chemicals in. The problem with many totally natural make up products I find is the texture and also the colour of the products never looks quite right.

12. glitterbugs

glitterbugs Member

I have been using the bare escentuals for several years now and would never go back to a liquid foundation. The coverage (like rougerebelle) stated, is depending how heavy you want. When I first started it took me a few trips to the store to figure out my correct coloring, but once you have that figured out I think you will be all set. Now for the moisturizer question-bare escentuals has a primer and a product called "rever upper"--from my experience with both products I like the primer better. I feel that the primer helps the application process of the makeup.
    If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I hope I helped.

13. free spirit rocky

free spirit rocky Guest

bear minimals is an amazing brand! they have every skin color, type, and basically everything you could need. I suggest getting the started pack, which comes with 2 brushes foundation, primer, and a bronzer. It kinda expensive, usually 60$ for the box, but you get great products which last very long. I really suggest it, the make up is great coverage and doesn't have the fake effect. i will never go back to any other make up!