mind forgetting body.

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by enigma_rising, Aug 21, 2005.

1. enigma_rising

enigma_rising Member

i'm trying to meditate at the moment, not often, but when i sit back and focus on my breathing after a while my body tingles any place i dont move for a while, then it feels a little like my mind has forgotten about it and the energy of me has moved out of that part of my body. i still have sensation the moment i move, its just weird, has this happened to anyone else?

2. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

I have experienced that - according to Peter Aziz, when you do any sort of transformative process you need to release certain feelings that may block the transformation. This means you stop repressing feelings and sensations that you have been. Interestingly enough the first thing you release is numbness.

What you are experiencing sounds very similar to my experience when I was doing my hardcore, weekend workshop with Aziz and we were working on releasing numbness. Just go with it and see what happens.

Here's my prediction - it'll feel more and more numb until you reach a point where it just seems to flood up with energy and sensation again, but this time more intensely than before. This feeling is a lasting one. Seriously - I learned I had blanked out my legs for years and suddenly I got them back - it was really strange I practically had to relearn to walk because now I had my legs back.

Blessings

Sebbi