Military

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YouFreeMe, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Leave out the context why don't you. :biker:

2. odonII

odonII O

What is the context?

(I'd probably remove 'American')

3. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Read it yourself

4. odonII

odonII O

I did.
    Perhaps this was missed out - is this the context?
    We have to create a climate where these cases, No. 1, are reported, No. 2, are prosecuted, and No. 3, are convicted.

5. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

Just tell your friend that you wish them well and you are proud of them, perhaps you could add that its not something that you would do. It maybe unwise if you don't want to lose their friendship to mention how you feel about the military in general though.

For those who look upon the military as some evil incarnation of dealing out death, try and look at it from the view point of the many young people who volunteer. Many do so because of work, they have no other choices; many more do it because they want to make a difference to society. The rape issue mentioned, its been going on for thousands of years, little has changed there. Education of young military personnel is changing that now, slowly, but it is changing. As well, consider that many go in, not to take combat roles, but for other duties such as engineers, medical and other support roles and you have three essential branches, air, sea and land; so not all are directly involved in the front lines. Our Air Force and Navy here in Australia, does more humanitarian work than anything else.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

maybe you can provide your friend a better job opportunity, training, education, financial aid for the rest of their lives. sounds like a plan..

7. odonII

odonII O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2pD6q6QNR8"]British Army 2013 Recruitment Advert (STEP UP) [HD] - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZOK92mgXk0"]British Army Jobs Advert - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PKdbZvmARE"]US Army Recruiters LIE you into signing your life away - YouTube

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

How many innocent people have died thanks to this man? This is what he and other people in government think about military people. Still want to join up?

[​IMG]

Here is another quote I find to be particularly relevant...

[​IMG]

9. odonII

odonII O

...what have others in the military said? (and not some bullshit from Goebbels etc)

10. odonII

odonII O

Lol...not very original.

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

..Just in time for WW3.

12. odonII

odonII O

Highly unlikely. Infact, I'd say virtually impossible.

13. deviate

deviate Senior Member

You have all your faith in the gov't, so that doesn't surprise me.

We are now in a proxy war with russia, so we'll just have to wait and see. I hope you're right.

14. odonII

odonII O

No. I have faith in governments, and not ALL of my faith. I have more faith in non governmental bodies and the people within countries.

A proxy war with Russia?

I think I am right.

15. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Yes, a proxy war.

16. odonII

odonII O

Explain in a little more detail please. Do you mean a 'cold war' and only regarding certain issues. It sounds rather alarmist.

17. deviate

deviate Senior Member

18. odonII

odonII O

19. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

I can't see the relevance in quoting something that was said over half a century ago?????

isn't it amusing, that people who lean to the left side of politics are so often critical of the military, yet when and if they attain government, are always the first to use the military during civil unrest ...

20. odonII

odonII O

PR doesn't take part in the left/right paradigm. He will tell you that - on numerous occasions in the future. Although, from what I can gather, he does.