military school for poor kids

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by EricForman, Jul 28, 2019.

1. EricForman

EricForman Mellow Fellow & Jedi Knight

So a friend of mine told me that in the UK the tories are opening military schools for poor and impoverished children...to help them die in illegal wars for money not freedom.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is what it says right on the brochure.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

That's your only source?

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

was your friend's name michael kelso?

EricForman, Driftrue and Irminsul like this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was little, it was rich kids that were sent to them (military schools), by rich parents who probably considered their kids, like all responsibilities, an inconvenience.
    (they used to be advertised in the back of national geographic)

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

well i haven't heard about it and i'm in the UK
    so at the level you operate at, that disproves it all.

7. EricForman

Well that is interesting because the friend who told me about this is from Scotland. (So it wasn't Kelso as someone suggested lol). I had not heard about this before but since Boris Johnson has replaced Theresa May as PM it would not surprise me one bit. The rumor mill seems to be running at full capacity.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I am still just wondering what country Fez is from

9. EricForman

So are we. Red says he will ship him home in a banana crate so maybe a tropical island. Then again Fez says he speaks Dutch so...um...man I just lost my train of thought...

10. Sounds about right. Countries love to send the poor for war. In dispensable

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The UK has expensive college for European standards doesn't it? Like tens of thousands to get a degree with loans and interest where Europe is like 100 Euros a semester. For an American the UK still sounds very cheap but it's not. Here joining the military is the only way for poorer people to get a degree. People say they too are cogs in a machine. Most Americans who have money have historically avoided wars even when we had a mandatory draft. Few in college went to Vietnam for example. If the UK has no draft it's probably the same thing. Who is going to die in a war when they don't have to. I've heard the Torries are simialr to American Republicans with a focus on who is white and native born and who does not love the country enough to deserve to live there. If that is the case I could see them liking the idea of a never ending supply of "patriotic" young men.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

or they could just get a student loan, which is available to literally anybody (except i think people who were arrested for drugs while receiving loans, odd exception i know). i know it's not the ideal solution, but it beats the hell out of the military in my opinion.

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Military school payments don't go far anymore I hear. The recruiter says you don't have loans and he is mistaken. You do it for a little less loans and thinking the job needs to be done.