Migraine headaches

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dalamar, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

I have been suffering with these headaches for a few months now. I get a break from them for a few days here and there but, for the most part the attacks last for days. Then I might get a break for a day or two then they start right back up again. The pain is so bad that it can get to the point where I can not function. I end up curled up in my bed with all the lights off, earplugs in my ears and a pillow over my head. I have tried migraine medication with no success. I got a clean CT scan and I am waiting on results of a contrast MRI. I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered with migraines. Can they really occur this often? I am not asking anyone to be a doctor here but any input/advice would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for input from other people who might have similar problems or experiences.

2. LucidOne

LucidOne Member

Let me start off by saying that I'm so sorry you get them that often. i get migraines, although alot less frequently. Maybe a once every few months. It truly is the worst pain I've ever experienced.

What I do is take 3 or 4 T3's and sleep it off. They usually go away after 6 hours or so. For me anyways. I've never actually taken any prescription medication. To be quite honest I'm scared to, because if it doesn't work then I'll experience the full effect of the migraine.

Yes they can occur that often. My aunt was getting them every other day. She had to be hospitalized constantly to deal with the migraines. Then she became addicted to the medications they were giving her, which is a whole other story.

I would think that if they are getting really bad only within the last few months then there was a change in your life that is causing them. Are you eating different or new foods, or getting them from a different location? Is your sleep schedule different? Are you overly stressed? Are you subjecting your body to anything different?

3. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

Thanks for the reply.

Yes my life has become a lot more stressful lately which has also seriously exacerbated my insomnia. Even if I get enough sleep I am still tired all the time.

I actually never had migraines before. They started about 3 months ago. I had a very bad flu that led to viral bronchitis which is another condition I never had before. Then, about 2 days after recovering from the bronchitis the migraines started. Yes, the pain is unbelievable. It has dramatically changed what I consider a 10 on the pain scale. Right now they are treating me with prescription pain medication. They do stop the pain but I do not want to become reliant on them.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but what are T3's.

Just an update. I got a clean MRI so there are no tumors, clots, strokes, trauma etc. Now I am waiting on the results of a Lymes test.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Magnesium works well in treating migrane headaches.

5. smoking_wizard

smoking_wizard Member

hello i have had about 5 migranes headaches all not fun i got from a healthfood store "migrane defence" spelling is not what i do best works great over the counter

6. LucidOne

LucidOne Member

T3's are a particularly strong type of tylenol with codeine in them I believe.

Did you take any medications for your illness? Medications in general are not good for the body and can cause all sorts of complications.

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i've suffered from migraines my whole life. in fact i have one right now. yes they can be very frequent... i now get at least two a month. i used to have they for months at a time, none stop. :( i've tried nearly everything to stop them. work with your doctor AND do some research on your own... they don't know everything. good luck, i hope these are not a life long problem for you.