Might be moving to Alaska for the summer!!!

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by jo_k_er_man, Apr 8, 2007.

1. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Thats right... Alaska.. I sent out a bunch of resumes online awhile ago to different resorts/national parks throughout the past week to just see what i would get in response.. and well this resort between anchorage and seward on the peninsula, emailed me back and things have gone good so far.. i have a phone interview sometime next week.. so that would be really sweet... i'm possibly gonna get paid to goto alaska.. well... really to cook.. but hell.. i cook for a living.. so i think of it more as paid to be in alaska :D... hopefully i have no problems with finding ganja... all im gonna do is work and fish.. and i'll be on a resort.. so hopefully im allowed to use all the amenities the resort has to offer.. well guys wish me luck.. and if there are any people on here in that location.. drop me a line..

2. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

find ganja in alaska? might be a little hard, but i haven't been so who knows. so good luck with that AND getting the job :)

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

according to my buddy that works up on the slope(waay northern alaska) he says you can get virtually whatever you want in alaska.. and i also know that marijuana was extremely decriminalized.. but i think that may have changed slightly a couple years ago...

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Well... i just got some info...

ossession of one ounce or less of marijuana in the privacy of the home is legal. The status of possessing an amount between one ounce and four ounces is unclear, pending clarification by the courts. Possession of 4 ounces or more of marijuana is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.

Possession of less than 25 plants is protected under the Alaska Constitution’s right to privacy (See Ravin v. Alaska). Possession of 25 or more marijuana plants is “Misconduct involving a controlled substance in the fourth degree” and is punishable by a fine of up to $50,000 or five years in prison.

5. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

ha. thats awesome. i suppose alaska isn't that far off from BC and cali and such. but those laws are pretty sweet.

6. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Alaskans have a pretty liberterian bent.
    I guess it comes from generations of people moving to the end of the earth to get away from everybody...
    bring mosquito spray.
    lots of it.

7. tculi

tculi Senior Member

pot in alaska wont be hard at all to find
    a few years ago it was legal to have your own plants and up to 4 ounces in your house. they changed it a little bit but its still basically completely decriminilized
    alaska would be so sweet to go to. good luck with the interview

8. Scrapadaptatious

Scrapadaptatious Member

a buddy of mine is going up to alaska over summer cause he was raised there,in a town an hour out of anchorage or something. from stories he's told me it dosnt sound like it'd be hard at all, he's getting a job where he drives a truck around the pipeline and makes $15 an hour, and summers are crackin over there. im thinkin i might go up there when i'm older