midwifery and homebirth

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by sweetdreadlover, Apr 21, 2007.

1. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

so i set up an appointment and consultation with a midwife here in eugene for a homebirth when time comes.....i am sooo excited!!...nervous and excited!!!

2. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

thats awesome that you are choosing a homebirth congrats

3. Advaya

Advaya Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes I am so happy to see a homebirth!! Your chances of cesearan are soooo reduced, and the care you will be getting will be so much more personal and one on one.

4. sweetdreadlover

im just really scared of something bad happening in the first three months [​IMG]...not sure how to get over these fears but i keep hearing of these women getting ultrasounds done at like 9 and 10 weels and the baby has no heartbeat,...this worries me so much!!

5. saltydog.

saltydog. Member

congrats on your pregnancy!

i think the best thing you can do is just have faith that everything will be ok. take care of yourself and do the things you need to do and everything will work out the way it should. it's very hard not to worry. but it really doesn't help much. when i was 6 weeks pregnant i had some bleeding and i was terrified. the idea of losing the baby was so scary. but everything turned out great. i now have an amazing 10 week old boy.

our bodies are very capable if left to their own devices. so i would just relax as much as you can and just enjoy being pregnant. i hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy!

6. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

Read up on what pregnancy is, how it works with your whole body, meditate, eat right (no enriched bleached flours, lots of fresh fruit and veg, lean protein, TONS of water), and learn to trust your body.

I think what henders homebirth most is fearing what is going on. You have to work on all your body issues and just be one with the whole process. Also, finding a midwife that truly cares and understands your reasoning for homebirth, that is completely comfortable taking your care and trusts herself to enrich your birthing experience.

My first midwife took my care, but didn't feel comfortable being my midwife, and didn't let me know until I was 36 weeks pregnant. I felt defeated, and the fear crept in. My labour stalled and I ended up in a hospital. I really believe that if she'd just told me in the beginning and I'd found another midwife, I would have had a better birthing experience.

*hugs* I hope it goes perfect for you!

7. sweetdreadlover

Thanx alot you guys:)..That helped me feel alot better about things...It just worries me because DH and I tried a long time for this and I want everything to go okay.

8. ButterCup

ButterCup Member

woohoo for home birth.. good luck to you. =)

9. sweetdreadlover

awww thanks :):)...I am so nervous waiting for friday to come..i have my assesment with my midwives then at my home and im really really nervous