Midwest Question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by e21, Feb 1, 2005.

1. e21

e21 Member

I have two questions, both newbie questions....
    First, my buddy just started his indoor planting and his dad is placing a limit on how long he can keep them inside...we have farmland and need to know if its realistic to transfer plants outside to the fields/woods/whatever? Also, what time of the year would be best for this, we were thinking late March since its the St. Louis region.

Also, when is the best time to start new plants outside?
    Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post

2. HighBlueSkies

HighBlueSkies Member

I know some people in the Dakota territory who grow buds outdoors during the summer and its always great. The only problem is its a little seedy and the occasional THC bug can be found in them. (tho i've heard mixed thoughts about THC bugs, some people think they're good, some people think they're bad... i dunno i just think they're ugly)

I don't know about weather in st louis so i have no idea when its warm enough to plant outside but here we wait until May

3. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You can grow 'm indoors as long as you make sure they are sturdy: sometimes on mild days it's good to set them on the porch at midday and let them catch some sun and a light breeze. No freezing temps though. You can plant them outdoors right after your average last freeze/frost day>>ask your county extension agent. My guess would be march 15. b1

4. woodenfrog

woodenfrog Member

end of april or maybee even the first part of may and it should be ok for them.alltho be carefull growing out side,they pollinate and reproduce easally outside,you dont want to end up with seedy pot like most outdoor weed