midsummernight's dreamin'

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by acid*rain~bow, Jun 21, 2006.

1. acid*rain~bow

acid*rain~bow Member

dunno if this is the right forum, but i didn´t find anywhere more suitable to post something about ancient holidaze determined by the cycle of nature!

well.....
    due to my finnish roots (if anyone wants to know more: http://www.uta.fi/~th63387/juhannus.html ) i will definitely celebrate the longest day/shortest night of the year

maybe go swimming late at night
    maybe have a bonfire
    maybe have sex
    maybe get drunk
    (got my own li'l rituals..)
    and most definitely hang out in nature
    to get in touch with the healing heat.wave that is kicking off summer in europe right now

is anyone else doing anything on this special night? or do you find it worth celebrating at all?

2. malakala

malakala Member

Methinks I'll light a mighty fire tonight...Thank you my lady for the inspiration! Happy solstice to all & blessed be....

3. *josai*

*josai* Member

merry solstice folks! glad to hear some of you are observing as the wheel turns again.
    a group of women here are celebrating by having a bonfire & a sweatlodge ceremony tonight

4. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

rainbow, would have loved to had you around my fire last night, hope you had a good one

5. *josai*

*josai* Member

wow & what a magical night it was! as i was driving to the gathering last night, i noticed lightening in the distance. everything has been so dry here & i remember thinking how incredible it would be to receive some rain on the solstice, a little hope for the summer crops. later once we were in the lodge, we could hear thunder above & then powerful storm followed.....yes blessings indeed!