Microscopic orbit and other questions

Discussion in 'Taoism' started by CoolRunnings, Apr 7, 2012.

1. CoolRunnings

CoolRunnings Member

Hello all,

How would I go about opening my microscopic orbit? Would I simply meditate and point my attention at the different points of the orbit? Any tips for a beginner?

I am also curious about testicular breathing. Would I just breathe and focus on my scrotum? Would I visualize my testicles moving up on an inhale and down on an exhale? Or, would I physically try to move them with each breath?

:) Thanks for the time and any advice!! :)

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

where and what is this from?

3. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

(Hiya 'mnax.. wow, old thread, hmm, guess I missed this one
    ..).

It's Chi Kung, I'm guessing the op's been reading a translation/interpretation of "tendon/marrow changing"... I studied it for a while, stepped off when they started talking about breathing air into your 'nads and what-not...:confused:

The "Microcosmic orbit" roughly corresponds to the path of kundalini in the Vedic traditions, except with Chi Kung, chi is led (or followed) by the mind through the 'orbit' beguinning at the perineum, up the rear channel through the spine to the top of the head then back down the front channel through the mouth, throat, lungs, and all the internal organs back to the perineum.