Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Music' started by Gladstone Screwer, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Does anyone else think that Michael Jackson is one of the most overated people on earth, the man hasn`t done that much that is of a high standard. The one good Jackson record wa beat it, but only because of Van Halens guitar riff. He is not even that good at singing and yet his fans think he is god, he is nothing compared to Elvis or Lennon or Marley or Homer Simpson and he should be kicked off the planet.

2. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

He can sure dance, though :)

3. FloydFollower5

FloydFollower5 Member

Why does Michael Jackson Like 28 year olds?

Because there's 20 of them.....HAHAHAAHAHA.......Get it?

4. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

woah woah woah. you are going too far.

the man was definitely talented. if you want to listen to michael jackson before he got crazy and eccentric, listen to Off the Wall. it doesnt get any better than "Dont stop until you get enough" the dude has definite talent. he's got soul and the funk and he can dance, (which he was an innovator at as well). there is more out there than beat it, and bad....... open your mind a little.

he has definite talent for sure, but he is a bit messed up in the head.

5. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Member

I second that. He may be a litle crazy now, but just 7 years ago and earlier he was one of the best singers around. I was only about six at the time, but when he sang the theme song to Free Willy, I went crazy for his music. Black & White is great. Then there's Thriller, The Way You Make Me Feel, Bad, Billy Jean, and many others.

I'm sorry to say I stopped listening to him after about 2000. But I will NEVER say to anyone that he didn't once have one of the greatest voices that Pop Rock has ever seen. Not to mention NO ONE could ever make a music video the way he did. Except for maybe his sister, Janet.:p

6. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

I always liked his song "Man in the Mirrior"

7. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

As an "old biddy" lol, I can remember the days back when he was the hottest thing since sliced bread & u couldn't touch him w/a 10 foot pole. I was in "love" w/him as 2/3 yr old when Thriller came out. I even have a pic of me then standing next 1 his poster behind my door. I think Bad is great as well, and even Dangerous is good, however, I haven't cared for him since then. Especially after the 1st thing in '93. It's a shame really isn't it? And how about that "I only had 2 nose jobs"? Gimme a break!:rolleyes:

8. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

I like some of his songs, and bought the Earth Song single when it first came out. All other fun songs of him I only know from television but yeah, he's alright if you ask me.

Edit: too many 'I's in two sentences. Ugly post bleh. Better now. :)

9. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

I am not saying he is without talent, of course he is talented. But I do get annoyed when he is hailed by some as a god. Most of his songs are meaningless, and eart song was a good song but left a bad taste when sang by a man who richer than some countries. He was a good dancer, but I have heard people say that there is no one who can dance like him, in some of his videos there are about twenty people behind him doing the same as him. Anyway pop music and choreagraphed dancing should not go together I prefer to see people being natural like Elvis or Morrissey.

10. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Yeah okay, you're right about the dancing. Like seeing some kind of nowadays teen idol live on television: dancing and playbacking. I mean what the hell?? It's the music, right, not the dancing? They should have focused on the musical aspect, of which singing live I think is a crucial part, over the visual aspect.
    Actually you're quite right about Earth Song too, but as a nine-or-so year old that song and the clip just had a huge impact on me.

11. CUtheRE

CUtheRE Member

i think he is an icon and a god of pop music and only pop music. pop success is really measured by sales and how much money one rakes in rather actual quality. so i guess you can say "quantity over quality." another way to measure one's pop music success is to see how many artists are out there that have been manufactured by the industry to emulate that artist to cash in on their success. like the beatles bringing in bands like the monkeys, the turtles, etc. you can see michael jackson today in usher, justin timberlake, and genuwine even. but yeah anyway in looking at it as just pop music, he is a god.

12. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

I disagree, pop music is the most important thing in the world. It has the ability to take in any kind of music and what some pop songs mean to people cannot be over estimated. The thing about loving pop music is that you have to prepare to be constantly apalled far more than you are pleased, Timberlake and Usher have nothing to do with pop music they are cash cows and they show how a distinct lack of talent can be marketed to make alot of money.

13. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

Michael Jackson IS overrated, finally i found someone who agrees :p
    he is a fantastic performer onstage, but i really can't see whats so exciting about his music, it's not that i'm ignorant of it, i've heard it all - i just think it's boring :confused:
    hmmmm
    he is screwed up too... i don' really take much notice of him now.

14. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

What I find extremely disturbing is the fact that since the first allegation made against him all those years ago there have been parents willing to allow their children to stay at his house.

15. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

I think he is a extremely talented man.

16. FloydFollower5

FloydFollower5 Member

I think he touches boys........
    and if he's found guilty than my thriller album is going in the trash.

17. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

I know someone who believes 100 percent that Michael is guilty of these charges and yet this will not stop him buying and listening to him! I could not listen to someone capable of those things. Let alone fund his court case

18. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

okay this is one thing I dont understand with some of you people. how does anything in a musicans personal life have to do with their music?? just because michael likes young boys doesnt make him an untalented person and his music unlistenable. let me just say this. JOHN LENNON was no saint. if you people knew half the stuff about john lennon, you wouldnt listen to him anymore either.

19. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

I know everything there is to know about Lennon but he meant the things he sang. I am quite obsessed about the people I like and the documentation I ave on them would bemuse some I love them all. I am not a casual fan of anything. People who fiddle with children have nothing to say to me therefore I will not pay or listen to such a person. Besides which such a person should be expelled from our minds and given no more publicity and attention.

Yes Lennon was no saint and said so himself but he was a genius and not on our wave length so we can admire but never fully understand .

Besides that, I think fucking kids is a bit more than unsaintly.

20. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

yeah....but what good would throwing your copy of thriller away do? it wouldn't achieve anything, you've already paid for it (i'm guessing) so MJ isn't going to lose money on it, and if you did like his music, surely you wouldn't stop liking it just like that?
    :confused: