miami?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ervinsntg, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ervinsntg

ervinsntg Guest

hey anyone near miami. looking to meet new people. to hang and live a free life with new people. it just seems hard to find people like that.

djomalley likes this.
  2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I'm in broward! Holler :)

3. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

South Beach restaurant. Wednesdays, Miami society gets vocal with karaoke.

4. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

I'm here in Miami. Been absent from the boards for awhile, but I'm back now so holla if your ever down to party. =D

5. la Principessa

I just moved to Kendall in Miami Dade, would lurve to make some new friends since none of mine reside here. Anyone around here?

chasintail likes this.
  6. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Kendall is great! Have lots of friends down there and make the trip often. My partner and I are currently living in NMB to save money for a new place in Coral Gables.

Remember Floridians its almost WMC and MMW time! The party will be ALL OVER MIAMI!
    wmcon.com

7. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Haulover Beach! Weather is perfect right now!

8. la Principessa

Kendall is pretty nice!

9. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Was there yesterday... Beautiful day!!!

10. KeyLimePie

KeyLimePie Guest

Hello from Miami. Yes, Miami, Miami. Looks like there aren't many of us down here.

11. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

And expensive. I lived in Miami for about 8 months and couldn't afford to do anything because the cost of living is ridiculous and not to mention all of the rude ass stuck up people that live there and think their shit don't stink. I didn't like it, but to each his/her own. Some people do like it.

12. la Principessa

It is pretty expensive here. We might be moving to Palm Bay in the summer. I hear it's cheaper and it's very suburb-like. It's quiet and nice. Different from the city like I'm used to.

13. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

I know that a lot of people are drawn to big cities because of the greater opportunities for work and for social events, museums, colleges, galleries, public transit, but if you want to live where there are more flowers and green trees, cheaper housing, maybe taking the time to find a smaller community or even a rural place would be worth the effort.
    South Florida still has small towns for those who are drawn to a slower pace and need a more affordable place.

I am interested in relocating (at least for the winter months) and have been checking online for places in Southwest Florida, Big Pine Key and other lesser visited keys, some of the inland areas south of Lake Okeechobee. I need to go in person because the Internet only gives you a hint of what is in store for you, not conveying the complete experience of living in any given place.

And a more rustic (and affordable) hip type community is what I am after. I would love to surround myself with tropical fruit trees, exotic flowers, and friendly people.
    I am not sure if I would stay down there year round. In the hottest part of the summer, I love the cool heights of the Southern Appalachians and much of the year, the southern Piedmont is a warm lazy paradise, but a semi-tropical home in south Florida might grow on me, particularly if I make friends there.
    Anyone else feel this way? Do you have favorite places in south Florida?

14. cb6393

cb6393 Guest

Hey I live in Kendall too! Just joined this forum. I've lived here my whole life

15. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

My god, the last thing Florida needs is more people moving here! It is warm in other places people. We are over populated enough as it is!!!! There should be a ban on ANYONE from ANY other state or even country for that matter from moving to Florida. It's getting really ridiculous!

16. cb6393

cb6393 Guest

Yeah. Everyone decides to come here. Lol

17. la Principessa

lol Florida is way too crowded. Have you seen the traffic in Miami? I walk most of the time soo it's a bitch to cross the main streets.

18. cb6393

cb6393 Guest

Lol I've lived here all my life. It's a pain In the ass. And to find people who I have stuff in common with? Impossible. Sigh...

19. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Omg, that is one of the many things I don't miss! I learned how to drive really well while living there. I do however miss the diverse population and not being stared at for being a lesbian. Where I live now my girlfriend and I have been called names in public, my old lady usually responds by shoving her tongue down my throat, lol. :2thumbsup:

20. la Principessa

Aww, you should move back here! I could use a friend and I don't judge. My boyfriend actually teases me because I check out girls sometimes. Also, my very best friend is gay. It's funny because I didn't know about his orientation for 7 years of friendship until he finally came out to me and soon after to everyone else in school. In retrospect, I felt like I didn't really know him all that well until he came out.

My boyfriend is teaching me how to drive. Mostly in parking lots but I did go into the street once but it was late at night so the traffic was little to nothing. But god, during the day would be terrifying. Where are you now anyway?