mexico info?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by psychadelic_chick, Feb 16, 2005.

1. psychadelic_chick

psychadelic_chick Member

hey everyone,
    I am heading to mexico in 4 months, I was wondering if anyone could give me info such as safety while i'm there, where to stay, how expensive things are, etc;
    Any help would be great , thank-you.

2. Piezoluminescent

Piezoluminescent Banned

Well where in mexico are you planning on going ?

3. psychadelic_chick

psychadelic_chick Member

I am starting out In Merida, I want to go everywhere, I have always been fascinated with mexico, I am going for 2 months and want to see everything.

4. Piezoluminescent

Piezoluminescent Banned

Merida is a fun place my parents and sister were there the other day but there in can cun.I'd save a lot of money though.

5. psychadelic_chick

psychadelic_chick Member

yes I know it is pretty expensive,
    could u tel me if u know anything about safety? (how safe is it? cause i have heard some bad stuff) and if there is any hotel u would recommend?

6. Piezoluminescent

Piezoluminescent Banned

My parents have time shares so I've mostly gone to the same places over and over.(the royal resorts, I've stayed at a few others but other than the royal resorts I would recomend the moon palace)Don't drink local water or get anything that has ice in it.Thats the mistake most people make.If you do get sick getting a perscription is not hard at all.And some places actually have decent care.I have gotten sick down there a couple times(ex getting stung by a insect, sun poisoning, fevers )If your into blazeing or anything of that nature I wouldn't recomend trying to find drugs.Thats very dangerous and might get you killed or thrown in jail.The good thing about mexico is that you can basicly buy yourself out of any situtation if you have the money.Also becareful at night and don't go places that a lot of travels don't.

7. dubing

dubing Member

its cool you are coming here to the tequila and spice food country, also jalisco its a realy cool state to came its one of the more rich on mexican autentical traditions state with his tequila and mariachi music, it has cool beachs like pt vallarta, mountains like el nevado de colima, traditional towns like cd. guzman near the mountain, and tapalpa a beatifull toun in the forest, about safety here in mexico its quite realy safe to travel i knou alot of forean people and no one of mi friends has being with a bad experience yust take your normal precautions travel in busses its realy confy feel free to ask me if you need any other doubt cheers :)

8. CristinaChenal

CristinaChenal Member

I was a foreginer.. I moved there for 4 months and traveled. Just be corteous.. ummm, if you need any q's about paperwork, or anything else, hit me up. Have fun. it's the best place in the world : ) Go to the state of Gunajauto... San Migeul de Allende and Guanajuato are BEAUTIFUL>

9. yonosoymedico

yonosoymedico Member

yeah, i would NEVER worry about safety... in merida find la casa de todos, id say try to get to el caribe(the caribbean coast) and stay away from cancun(americanized hell)..haha.... but really youll find great people, and fall in love with being...
    uh...sickness? yeah youll probably get sick(stomach) depending on your time there..but honestly, worry about nothing, love everyone and everything and youll have an amazing time..
    love and light
    Adam

10. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

take some sun block, a hat, and immodium pills not the nasty liquid that burns on the way down. Flip flops to wear in public showers are also a really good idea. Don't flaunt money...maybe
    even get one of those pockets on a string or belt that goes under
    your clothes. And not to be gross, but don't pee in public(even at night behind a bush) the get tweaky about such things there.
    peace,
    Delfynasa

11. ramblinrose

ramblinrose Member

i have been living in the Merida area for 4 years and my 19 yo daughter lives in the city. it is far safer than any where in the US.
    as for food and such it is no problem, some places are expensive, but the cocina economicas are real cheap and really good. you can eat good local dishes for less than $3 US. there is also a very healty night life here.
    Merida is a little different than other places in Mexico. It is a very modern city with a nice mix of the mayan culture. Not to mention it is only a half hour from the beach.

12. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

El Cid Marina, Puerto Morelos.

13. Scratched

Scratched Members

Is it safe for gringos to pick up local women, or do locals frown on this?

14. morrow

morrow Visitor

There are pimps who will find you women, I wouldn't try picking them up!

15. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

LOLWUT??

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

Eh?

1 person likes this.
  17. Scratched

Scratched Members

...I call upon thee deceased Ghostly spirit to beseech me with thine wisdom...what is LOLWUT?

18. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yup. Just like that.

19. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

You might wanna try and google it.

20. Scratched

Scratched Members

que?

this is supposed to be about mexico