Mexico gives no fucks about political correctness

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Mar 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

My parents were born in Japan. Dont really consider it home. more like my favorite Air B&B really.

Who has made me understand this is not my country? Well let's see there was my 8th grade history teacher who asked me specifically why I thought Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Then there was the guy I had class with in college who told me that he wished America would ban all non white immigration because in his words non whites cant contribute to American culture only erode it because we cant assimilate. I've been told to to back where I came from by a tourist no less... this was literally a few blocks from where I grew up. I've been chided for speaking to my grandparents in their native language, and have been referred to as both a gook and a jap. Even innocent things make me feel like I dont belong. Was standing in line for coffee once and overheard this older couple obviously from outta town... looking at a map, trying to figure out where they were going. I turned around and helped them figure out how to get where they were going and they were genuinely appreciative but the wife was more amazed at my ability to speak flawless english.
    And that's just based on my race...

My religion is virtually unheard of here, it's never part of the discussion when the right wing wants to mandate things like prayer in schools. I do celebrate Christmas but not as a birth of Jesus celebration but as a time to be with family and eat fried chicken and give gifts out of love. So I'm team happy holidays and I've gotten plenty of grief from the merry christmas crowd.

The message being sent here is my race, my language, my religion are not welcome here in the US. White people are often confused when we call Trump a racist. It's because they've never heard that rhetoric thrown at them. It's because they never been told to go back to their shithole countries.

Its 2020. This is Trump's America. I am a gay woman of color whose parents were immigrants. I wake up every day and am reminded that this is not my country.

omg not even a little bit. I mean, even if I did feel any animosity toward Mexicans, they're not a race. I'm calling out the parodying of Asians by non Asians. Is this somehow not racist in your mind?

I'm not touching that. I'm not going to discuss other members here. I feel like just by asking this question you're attempting to pit us against each other and while I disagree with virtually everything he says he seems to be a nice guy so I'm not gonna play this game

Driftrue and Tyrsonswood like this.
  2. Some people think that you are racist as well.
    For example, my adoptive mother is Dutch. You don't want to be saying stuff along the lines of "go back to your home country"... Because that is racist.
    She speaks fluent English.
    Now be careful when you talk to @everything bagel she's got japanese parents. Yet she lives in america. You are insinuating for her to go back to japan. Please don't be racist.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

So what's your point? People are assholes?

4. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Wow. I got tons of Beach Ball's shit to unpack but I'm too busy being high. I'll come back to address your complete bullshit (and that is what it is) later, but wow...jesus h fucken christ wow

5. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

How many people, percentage wise, do you think were in that classroom of eastern asian heritage?

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The problem with identity politics, cancel culture, and hate speech laws is that they are ever-changing. What is considered passe to one person, might offend another person for a different reason.

How are straight white men untouchable? It seems that demographic is the only group that is open game to ridcule without being shielded by the double standards of political correctness.

I see, so you support the backlash against white people and especially white males because practicing racism in the opposite direction is the way to undo historic wrongdoings of bigotry. Is that it?

If it weren't for double standards, you wouldn't have any standards at all.

7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I think they're considered Asian.

Meliai, Driftrue, lode and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pull your head in, these 2 are adults and can sort it out without you schoolkids antics

9. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Again, high af but will pick apart this weak as shit "argument" later.

Literally laughed out loud reading some of this

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  10. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

I have no idea, could have been a high percentage if her parents lived in an area that had a fair sized Japanese, Chinese, Asian population. There are schools here that are grade schools here that are Chinese and Japanese at 98 percent. Same with other schools that are mostly, whatever. When people immigrate, many move to areas where others speak their language. This is common. If this was the case there would have been many others. This is why I asked if she was the only one.

11. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Strangely enough not the only time I've been classified as white

12. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

That's what you should really focus on here

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  13. Beach Ball Lady Balls

:). Yep, thanks mustard. I tend to ignore that one. Not worth my time. ;)

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

But I'm sure it was meant as a compliment. :tonguewink:

15. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

I don’t think if this were the case Bagel would have felt singled out.

You get that, don’t you? She felt singled out. You can infer a lot from that if you take her word on good faith and try to understand where she’s coming from.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

How many white people did you talk to, to come to that conclusion?

My Russian friends from design school would tell you otherwise. They left the soviet union with their families as children because their standard of living was shit. They are also whiter than wonderbread. Russia still has substandard living conditions compared to most of the western world. 1/5 Russians live without indoor plumbing to this day. They had a fair share of discrimination growing up and being told bu bullies to go back to communism. What didn't kill them, made them stronger.

I'm not an immigrant. My family has been American since the early 1800s when they left northern Europe. But even then, I've been on the receiving end of racist discrimination. My Senegalese roommate a few years ago, tried to hook me up with a blind date with a girl he knew in his social circle. When she got to our place to meet me, she acted rather awkwardly, pulled my roommate aside, and went to another room. 5 minutes later she excused herself angry at my roommate for not telling her I was white. Yeah it was hurtful for a moment, considering I've gone on blind dates with hideous fat girls just to entertain them, and not bail on them at first sight. But did I wallow in my sorrows about being on the receiving end of blatant racism? No. In fact, I see it as dodging a bullet; I could've gone on a date with a bigot.

In Saudi Arabia they'd throw you off a roof. In Iran they'd turn you into a man via sex change by force.

America isn't perfect, but it's been a very accommodating country to people of all walks of life.

There's probably some Chinese out there who'd laugh at the way Mexican comedy portrayed them. Offense-taking culture drains the fun out of everything.

I'm glad you think I'm a nice guy outside of political discourse. However, I'm pretty sure most of the libtards on here want me dead.

Bullzaye likes this.
  17. Everyone's a racist but me, it seems. When I see people of other races, I don't give it a second thought. I just see people...mostly on TV.............

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  18. Beach Ball Lady Balls

well she can answer for herself. I don’ think the worst of a teacher or that it was racist for him to ask this question. You know if we constantly worry about asking a question of someone, nothing will ever be understood. Should talk of pearl harbour be avoided in history class because it makes some uncomfortable?

most grade school kids feel singled out when a question is asked. I understand hers was relating to pearl harbour in history class, and made her feel centred out. Would it have been better to say, oh, she is Japanese, I will not ask her any questions to answer and just ask everyone else questions? Avoid her with all talk of Ww2 and Japan. Maybe avoid that all together. No WW2 talk.

19. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Thanks @Gul Dukat but theres no explaining this to some people. If you're the victim of racism and you speak out against it you're the racist. It's just the way it works. Swimming upstream is exhausting. Easier to just float...

...while eating spicy af Sichuan food of course

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. Beach Ball Lady Balls

My point is, to not ask her a question because she is Japanese, and the talk was about pearl harbour, could be viewed as racist too. “My opinion doesn’t matter, because I am Japanese.” He doesn’t want me to speak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.