metal detecting

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by paulfreespirit, Apr 28, 2007.

1. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

ANY DUDE USED A METAL DETECTOR ? if so WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND ? .....................argghhhhhhhh thes treasure up in them hills up their (sorry for the pirates attempted accent )...........APPARENTLY £9.99 FOR A METAL DETECTOR IN NETTO .........go out and seek your treasures .

2. ripple

ripple Member

Ive got one, never found anything with it though other than empty beer cans. Oh and a chamber pot!

3. paulfreespirit

hmmmm thought it would be interesting to have a go at castle grounds "old battlefields etc etc . do yo still have that chamberpot ? is it in one piss (sorry man could"nt resist )

4. ripple

ripple Member

I was thinking on trying the fields around a castle near me, theres sighns up saying no metal detecting but that just makes it more fun :) Theres also an old roman fort which would be good. Left the chamber pot where I found it i the back garden!

5. shirley

shirley Member

mm I was just saying the other day that we should take one round the park, there must be loads of loose change around.

6. paulfreespirit

yer never know apart from loose change you could find something more of value

7. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i've never used a metal detector, but i've found countless arrowheads and potsherds wandering around the mountains. old bottles from the settlers, abandoned homesteads, cool old cars and old burned up trashpiles. dave's grandpa dug up and anasazi once when he was a kid. his family turned it over to the dine and they gave it a proper burial. you can't collect all this stuff you find, no matter how cool. being a "thief of time" is a federal crime here.

8. paulfreespirit

thats some finds kc ........so if you find something over their and hand it over to the state do you get a monetary reward ?