messed up dream

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by DrewSpeaksTrue, Jul 15, 2013.

1. I dreamed that I had parasites that my grandmother called scumsuckers..they were slugs with a tentacle with teeth inside of it and they crawled out of my skin from my feet. My grandmother treated it like it was a normal thing and nobody understood why I was freaked out.
    Was this just my imagination going nuts or do you think it means something?:sunny:

2. Man, nobody replied. Oh, well

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ha. I'll reply.

If you haven't seen or talked about anything like that recently, then here's what I'd do.

Ask yourself what parasite means.

Describe it like you were describing it to someone from another planet.

Once you've done that, look at your life and see what the parasites in your dream represent in your real life.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I had a cool dream before. It was like the walking dead but a little less realistic. Like, there was zombie apocalypse but they weren't as scary as like they are in the movies. I was with a group of folk too, my friends and old friends + my dog. It was a fever dream, I woke up many times but was able to get straight back into my dream. The dream itself lasted for weeks in the dream, but it was really over a few hours of tossing and turning.

Anyway it was journey. Just like walking dead, we travelled a lot to find somewhere safe. I can't remember what happened in the end. I remember it was like the last fight battle, me against the super zombie. I saw my girl at a distance and she was calling to me. The zombie had her but she screamed it wasn't real and that he "was everywhere". So I pushed through to a mall and there he was. In a blue and red suit like Spider-Man. :D though he talked like a superhero from the avengers. I remember a lot of zombies pouring into the mall making a distraction and I was using them to make a single quick move that the super zombie wouldn't see coming.

I woke up. =[

I'd like to think I jumped up and did a Jackie Chan off a table and whip kicked that zombies face in. But I'm not sure how it was going to end. But it was frightening in any case.

You know dreams. They're always changing and stuff but this held it's story for a long time. The scenes changed and all. But it was still the same story. Was kinda cool.

Of course I feel a little sick at the moment. I fear a fever is taking me. Hence the dream I suppose.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

i think it means you were asleep.

i've had all kinds of nonsensical dreams. on rare occasions they do seem to relate to something that is on my mind in waking life, but a vast majority of them are pretty fucking random.

the whole metaphorical dream interpretation thing just doesn't make sense to me. why would people subconsciously think in metaphors, and if they did, why would there be universal metaphors that all people subconsciously use for their dreams?

6. Aerianne

I don't subscribe to that theory, either.

Your brain making up it's own metaphors for it's own dreams makes alot more sense.

7. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

When you sleep, your brain is sorting and indexing information, which can manifest in dreams that do not always make sense. You are the best interpreter of your dreams, because you know your own values and conflicts better than anyone else.

1 person likes this.
  8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

If this dream still bothers you, here's my thought:

There is something about you that you really feel you need to change, get rid of. Then apparently you perceive that others see it as part of you and normal for you so therefore you don't confront it/whatever as you should.

Do what you know in your heart you need to do.

:)

1 person likes this.
  9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Do you feel healthy? Maybe your subconconscious is telling you there is something wrong....or maybe something is eating at you figuratively...or maybe it was just a bad dream.

10. You guys truly rock, after dissecting this I feel like I can figure it out and bury it :)

2 people like this.
  11. Aerianne

Cool beans, Drew!

1 person likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't think all, or even most, dreams are symbolic messages. but we do have, each of us, our own internal symbolism.
    i don't believe there's anything universal about it, unless someone is so social that interacting with other people is their whole life and how thy think about living.
    well maybe some humans do. a lot of people try to tell me that. maybe it is for them.
    my dreams like my life, is about places and things there in them rather then people, but then i don't claim this to be typical, more likely its not.

things not of yourself, coming out of yourself.
    sounds to me like a relief to get them out,
    even if it might be a horror to recognize they were ever in.

i'm pretty sure we all have things in and about ourselves we would rather have not be there.

on the other paw, it might be concern about what those things in us give birth to by how we act.

well shame itself doesn't benefit anyone.
    only when the idea of it motivates us to avoid causing it.

i enjoy my dreams. they're better then anything in movies or on television.

i think there was a story, about something coming to life from buddha's ear wax.

and of course lots of stories of slug like symbiots.

some benign and some not.

and that's the thing, no internal symbol has to be any one thing.

1 person likes this.