Messages from the future...

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Universal_Donor, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Universal_Donor

Universal_Donor Member

Ok this is fucked up to think about. What if in the future we have the technology to send messages to people in the past. Like what if hundreds/thousands of years from now we have the ability to manipulate time or energy, light years..whatever and can send signals to the past. So how would we know that right now we aren't getting signals from the future? Like maybe my great great great X 15 grand children are telling me what's up, and I don't even know it?

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

More likely we won't live another 10,000 years. The whole species, that is. Shit, I'd be surprised if we made it another 1000.

3. COBALT_Blue

COBALT_Blue Member

Yeah but how about one day you are in chat and you end up talking to a live ghost....a spirit using the internet as a means of communication. Now that was scary...and whats worse is that aliens were involved too.

http://www.globalmission.co.uk

4. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

We have eight years.

5. yemforbin

yemforbin Member

6. Shiva Tech

Shiva Tech Member

If things go according to plan (design, evolution, follow Moores law etc) in 2012 we will have the technology to measure every possible state of the universe, or to put it another way, we could measure the exact conditions of the big bang. Now as quantum science says that only potential exists until it is measured into an actuality, that means the big bang hasnt happened yet but will do when we measure it. Maybe that suggests that the future is actually dragging us towards itself in order for us to make it real.

x shivatech x

7. Kilgore Trout

Maybe it suggests you at too many mushrooms.
    :p

8. Kilgore Trout

Maybe it suggests you ate too many mushrooms.
    :p

9. Shiva Tech

Shiva Tech Member

Well, i am open to suggestions.

10. Kilgore Trout

I remember reading about Moore's law, but I forget what it is.

11. Shiva Tech

Shiva Tech Member

Moores law says that the number of transistors on a computer chip will double every 18 months. At the moment that is 36 trillion operations per second (officially) but if thats official i'm sure the secret stuff is even more mind boggeling.

12. Spiritforces

Spiritforces Member

"What if in the future we have the technology to send messages to people in the past?"

What u always had that "ability", but not related to any science skills humankind developped

13. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

14. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

I think if that its possible to mess with time like that....that in order to get the knowledge to do that we will have the understanding that would keep us from wanting to.....we'd understand the whole spectrum of time and understand that its not necessary

15. hippyman

hippyman Member

So if we were able to comunicate with the past, then people from the future would already be sending messages back to the current time. Correct?

16. Jack_Straw2208

go and figure out john titor's account on time travel...

something more along the lines of "world lines" as opposed to a single "time line"...
    in other words, going back in time isnt really going *back* in time, its tearing a hole in space time, and going through that, into a differant dimension which is like, 97.5 percent the same as his... he skips into an adjacent dimension where it is however many years in the past. there are special anchors to make sure he comes back to where when and what dimension he was at...

i dunno, its pretty crazy stuff.. but yeah, so if his explanation is right, he could go back and kill the baby form of him, and it wouldnt affect *HIS* (the adult john) world line.

so if thats it, there's infinate world lines, and the chances that our particular one got a time traveler is like, 1 to sideways 8.

so yeah.

17. Shiva Tech

Shiva Tech Member

If in the future we do invent a quantum computer, that is to say one that can measure all possibilities simultaneously, then not only would it be able to measure every condition the universe ever had or will have, it would also measure every possible condition thereby confirming, or manifesting, the multiverse and infinite time lines.

If this is the end product of technology then we are working towards infinite potential, which also seems to be the initial conditions of the big bang. Kind of like a loop of infinite potential manifesting every possible state of existence.....so that doest rule out anything......apart from nothing, which obviously cannot 'be'.

18. ki_raven_24f

ki_raven_24f Member

so, what if every prophacy is a message from another "world line"? then only "97.5" percent of then would be true according to this theory. that's kind of weird to think about.

19. Jack_Straw2208

well, the percentage on how much alike a worldline is to your own all depends on how far back you go... like, the confidence of similarity goes down the farther back in time you go... like, 2% every sixty years or something... so if he were to go back a mere 600 years (only 80% the same as how his 600 years ago happened..), it would be very differant to how his worldline was working... like, christopher columbus might not have crashed into america or something... its really weird to think about...

20. OrangeSunshine

OrangeSunshine Member